Brownhills, Newark. Overnight parking review (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
This is for anyone thinking of staying over at Brownhills, Newark. We were a bit unsure of what if would be like and couldnt find a detailed review on here, though plenty of comments!

We stayed one night earlier this week for free at the Brownhills Overnight area as we were passing through, Its only available to those who have bought motorhomes from Brownhills, so a little perk. You are allowed 20 nights per year and a max of two consecutive nights.

The overnight area is basically a large car park, well laid out with wide bays, its a tarmac surface and reasonably level. It has dedicated EHU and freshwater to each parking bay. There is also a CDP and a WC for those with mobility issues (you need a 'special' key to get in - for those with disabilities, i assume its a standard key?)

There are toilets and showers in the main building along with a sauna and swimming pool and tv lounge, all for free use by Brownhills Members (automatically given when you buy, and keep, a motorhome from them)

Previous mentions have highlighted the noise from the A1, which runs close to the Brownhills site itself, though not next to the overnight area. We didnt find the noise to be an issue and didnt actually notice it. There is a cafe on site along with a well stocked shop and of course motorhomes for sale, just to tempt you!

We found the facilities more than adequate and would certainly stay again for free if we needed to. we might even make it part of our planning if we travel that way.

They do have 'events' programmed throughout the year and i am pretty sure we will be attending one or two - if theyre not fully booked out!

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I've stayed there a couple of times in my campervan. I'm not a Brownhills member, so no EHU for me, but the large car park had plenty of level space. The A1 was noticeable, but not particularly disturbing. It was handy to be able to pop into their very good accessories shop in the morning before leaving.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
I swim everyday if possible. We went to Brownhills last month, a convenient stop on the way to Chatsworth, and I swam twice. The pool is very good, short, but very nice. They let you chose a time slot and there have to be at least two adults “in the pool” when you use it. An hour swim is an hour swim at any pool length. The depth is probably 1.2m, slightly deeper at the ”far” end, and there is a sauna cabin and a poolside jacuzzI.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
They used to have a car / people carrier that would drop you off in Newark ,near Morrisons and if you called them they would pick you up.Not sure if they are still doing that due to covid though.
They also have an LPG pump but it's expensive

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
We collected our MHome from Brownhills in 2019 and are members. We have used their facilities a few times for various reasons, hook up for free, good shower block, cafe etc. There's an Enterprise car hire just round the back of them, great for us to hire a car and pop up and see grandchildren about 50 miles away. All round great facilities for very little cost.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Are you locked in over night? Where do you park the hire car.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Are you locked in over night? Where do you park the hire car.?
Yes you're locked in but they've got a security/gate guard on site overnight so if you had to leave in an emergency you'd be able to get out. The whole place is open early as they set up for the working day, so in practice it wasn't an issue getting out. I never, ever, stop anywhere that I can't get out of if a crisis happened.
There's plenty of parking.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is a large car park outside the secured grounds that you could leave a car in if required and just walk to your van under the barrier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back