Brompton Electric Bike Recall (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saw this article on Which? & thought should post it in case it affects anyone on here <Broken link removed>
Brompton has issued a voluntary recall for all Brompton electric bikes that were manufactured or had a firmware update between May 2020 and February 2021. The issue, caused by the firmware installed on some models, may lead to an electrical systems failure. This could potentially lead to the bike continuing to accelerate even when the rider is not actively pedaling. The brand is offering affected customers a free firmware update and a £20 ‘goodwill’ voucher, but you need to contact them before 1 September 2021.
Brompton website info. https://www.brompton.com/recall

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Yes, they have been very efficient on this, Helen and I got emails from Brompton yesterday and Edinburgh Bicycle coop phoned today to book us in. £20 vouchers each for our trouble.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
We’ve got a pair of folding e-bikes, but I’ve always admired the Bromptons. However, I’ve just seen the price! I’d also love to fit E&P levelling, but even that looks a bargain put next to the cost of a pair of Bromptons.

Beautiful engineering, but they’ll have to remain an unjustifiable dream. :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Yes a quick reaction by Brompton and Edinburgh Cycle Coop. Even though my firmware was updated last year in March on the bike’s first service, I was phoned today by ECC
to make sure there were no issues my bike.
Good service from both 👍👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back