Broken Sink Hymer 544 1993 (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
12 years
Our washroom sink has cracked beyond repair. We have a Hymer 544, 1993.
Does anyone know where we can get a replacement sink?
There are other threads about replacement sinks but the one I read was a much newer van & totally different sink.
Hope someone can help us, need to get away at end of school hols! Thanks.
Photo of our sink is below:
image.jpg

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Are you sure it is beyond repair? The sink in my motorhome cracked after leaning too hard on it trying to help my old knees get up from the floor. The hardest part of the job will be removing the unit, which you would still have to do if you can get a replacement. These toilet fittings are often assembled and then fitted to your van so fasteners may be hidden. I had to cut around a silicon seal bead, then loosen the entire cupboard from the wall and disconnect the taps and drain. This gave me access to the hidden screws at the back. Once out it was a matter of cleaning and drying it out fully. I then roughened the underside and applied fibreglass cloth with polyester resin. On the top/visible side I made the crack a little wider with a small grinder then filled with car body filler. Once sanded down I resprayed it with an aerosol can. That was a few months ago, it still looks OK, originally it had faded a little yellow so now much better. I did not bother putting the hidden screws back in, relying on a fresh silicon bead. I did take the opportunity to add more stiffness by setting a thick metal wire into fibreglass in case I make the same mistake again.
Your other choice is find someone good with fibreglass, a boat yard perhaps. They may be able to do a repair in situ especially if you have access to the underside. You will be surprised how thin and fragile these sinks are. Good luck.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can get your basin (bathrooms have basins, kitchens have sinks) repaired and coated with speedliner. Same type of product they use to fix shower trays but gloss finish and smooth.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Not sure where you are but Mike does Speedcoat....works out of Portsmouth....comes to your place... michael.wise@hotmail.co.uk. ..here’s my bathroom floor...would be better but a fly landed in it whilst drying so a couple of marks...he knocked £20 off....

0A86EB10-691E-435D-AFA5-92D104F8B1D9.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back