Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E769
Exp
18 months
Hi, all. Can anyone provide advice as to why the 12 volt supply on my 2008 Bessacarr E769 is not working. We have recently returned from a week trip to Gosport where all was fine, but on return to storage site non of the 12 volt system was operational (no control panel, no step, no lights, no cooker extractor etc). checked all the fuses and were found to be OK, 2 x leisure batteries are 18 months old and terminals are clean and tight fitting. Have been told it may be the circuit boards behind the fuses or the control panel circuit board?? Any one else had this issue??? Help and advise appreciated.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Start with one of these... Batteries first then work your way along..
Every van should have one..

Good luck..Dont know much about Bessie's

c6ad4c6e7afa83f7_digital_multimeter.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Paul Apted

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E769
Exp
18 months
Tonga, hill dweller, thanks for the response. Have had the batteries and fuses checked and they are all fine, that is why the sparky thought it was the circuit boards that are the problem.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
IF.. it's a Sargent power supply and control panel..
Sometimes you can take the panel off the wall, remove the plug and the back and leave off for a min or two. Re-connect and that can re-set the system.. Happens a lot on Autotrails..

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Have you tried switching the control panel on? Sounds stupid I know but yours is probably the same as mine (Norde Electronica) and I turn the panel off (press and hold the central button) when leaving it in storage. Nothing works until you switch it back on.

Next I would try disconnecting the panel - prise off the bezel and you'll see a couple of screws. Ease the panel out and there is a plug which you just disconnect (might have a safety catch), leave for about 30 secs then plug back in. Put it all back and try switching it on again. Happened to me just the once.

Failing that the panel is probably dead, not unheard of. I remember reading somewhere on here that you can get it repaired, sorry can't find where, someone will know.

Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
Agree with TerryL. Remove the panel and disconnect supply for thirty seconds. It used to happen on the Bessie I had, but that seemed to put it right. I am away at the moment but had my control board checked and updated by a company in Driffield in Yorkshire who didn't charge the earth which solved the problem. If nobody gives you the name by the time I get home I will look out the invoice to find the name of the company.

Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since2010
The company name is Stellings in Beverley North Yorkshire. Their telephone number is 08458624545. They were very good to me and had a very quick turnaround which saved a continental trip at the time. Haven't used for a few years but their customer service was excellent. Worth a phone call as they will talk you through the problem if you ring from your Motorhome. Good luck

OP
OP
P

Paul Apted

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E769
Exp
18 months
Have you tried switching the control panel on? Sounds stupid I know but yours is probably the same as mine (Norde Electronica) and I turn the panel off (press and hold the central button) when leaving it in storage. Nothing works until you switch it back on.

Next I would try disconnecting the panel - prise off the bezel and you'll see a couple of screws. Ease the panel out and there is a plug which you just disconnect (might have a safety catch), leave for about 30 secs then plug back in. Put it all back and try switching it on again. Happened to me just the once.

Failing that the panel is probably dead, not unheard of. I remember reading somewhere on here that you can get it repaired, sorry can't find where, someone will know.

TERRY, many thanks for the advice, removing the control panel over the habitation door and easing off the plugs on the reverse of the control panel has worked. All the 12v systems are now fully working. Thank you again for the advice. Paul

OP
OP
P

Paul Apted

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E769
Exp
18 months
Agree with TerryL. Remove the panel and disconnect supply for thirty seconds. It used to happen on the Bessie I had, but that seemed to put it right. I am away at the moment but had my control board checked and updated by a company in Driffield in Yorkshire who didn't charge the earth which solved the problem. If nobody gives you the name by the time I get home I will look out the invoice to find the name of the company.

OP
OP
P

Paul Apted

Free Member
Jun 21, 2017
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E769
Exp
18 months
RO, Thank you for your advice, the removal of the connectors (for about a minute) to the reverse of the control panel above the habitation door and then reconnecting has fixed the problem and all the 12v systems are now fully operational. Again many thanks

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
TERRY, many thanks for the advice, removing the control panel over the habitation door and easing off the plugs on the reverse of the control panel has worked. All the 12v systems are now fully working. Thank you again for the advice. Paul

Glad you're sorted. Happy to help - that's what we're all here for!(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back