Brodit phone mount, any good ? (1 Viewer)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
I’ve been trying to find decent phone holders for our Peugeot Boxer campervan and 2015 Land Rover Defender.

The Ram Mount options don’t seem as good for four wheelers as they are for bikes. The X bracket is brilliant but I can’t find the right way to fit it to the dash board.

I’ve found the Brodit Pro Clip, which would need adjusting between my work iPhone 8 Plus and my personal IPhone x

The Brodit is best part of £50, which if it fits a treat would be OK, but I’d be disappointed if it was a bit shit.

Anyone tried a Brodit phone holder ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes...... always use them and they are really good, worth the extra money I think. On about my sixth in various vehicles

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes had about 3. They hold the phone well and don't mark it. I don't use the ball joint though, I screw the holder to a clip I've got on the vent. (keeps the phone cool :cool:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There are usually two parts to a Brodit system. The base, which is specific to the vehicle and the phone holder which is specific to the phone. I have used them in lots of of vehicles and for several different phones and they have always worked well. But nowadays I use a generic phone holder with clamping sides and a wireless base charger. Much cheaper than the Brodit holder and can be used for any phone that supports wireless charging.

OP
OP
ymfb

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
There are usually two parts to a Brodit system. The base, which is specific to the vehicle and the phone holder which is specific to the phone. I have used them in lots of of vehicles and for several different phones and they have always worked well. But nowadays I use a generic phone holder with clamping sides and a wireless base charger. Much cheaper than the Brodit holder and can be used for any phone that supports wireless charging.
Did you buy it on line ? If so please post a link.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There are lots on ebay. The trouble is most of them do not have a flat back to allow for mounting on the Brodit car mount. So you could either use the mounting system supplied, either window sucker or vent mount, or cut it off flat to the back of the mount and glue it onto the Brodit mount.

I actually made mine using a spare clamp holder I already had which i cut the vent mount off of. I then attached a small wireless charger I also had spare to it using Gorilla tape.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have a brodit for a 10 inch Tablet, there was a holder for the VB air remote screwed to the dash to my left, I used the same screw holes and sat the remote in the cup holder. When I sell the van I can just replace the remote holder and it will be as from the factory. The brodit mounts are excellent.

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
We have a brodit mount for the SatNav and interchange it between both our car and 'van using their wedge shaped plates. Go on the DSL website and find out which one you want then put the number into an Ebay search box...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
I have used the same one for 8 years now for a 7 inch sat nav, fixed to the air vent on dash - no screws required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back