Bristol balloon festival (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
This year we would like to go to the balloon festival at Bristol. We've noticed Avon CC are in Ashton Park school and say they are next to the venue. Anyone stopped at the school and if not where did you stay and how close were you.
Thanks

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I think we stayed there a few years ago for the balloon festival, extremely handy spot. We spent a lovely weekend there, handily able to watch the balloons drifting over the field without leaving your van if the wind is in the right direction.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
One of the most convenient spots to visit the balloon festival from. there'll be plenty of space, too. Unlike Baltic Wharf site, fully booked already.
I think CC&C do a similar rally if you're in that club too.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Cotham Park RFC - a short steep walk away across a golf course but nice quiet location & has toilets & showers (communal)
Parsonage Farm - basic facilities but right opposite one of the main entrances to the Festival - balloons can get pretty close though!
Worth going on the Thursday as not too packed & great Nightglow :xThumb: Saturday gets a bit manic & they shut the gates as a safety measure one year.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The farmers field at Parsonage farm, right outside the gates £10 a night last time i went 2 years old.
Just turn up and go in with the general crowd.
The MCC (Motorcaravanners club) have the bottom of the field as their own little section as well..

Do a search on youtube for the night glow and as mentioned Thursday if you can do it, the weekend gets VERY busy...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back