Rally RETROFESTIVAL 2016

Discussion in 'Scheduled Rallies' started by Landy lover, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Retrofestival aka Wings Wheels & Speed 12/13/14 AUGUST 2016

NO GENERATORS

Club Camping 11th to midday 15th - the area will be directly behind the show line
    and you have the option of EHU for £30 for the duration of the show - excellent
    value for if the weather is good enough for Air Cons to be needed !! Please bear
    in mind that EHU will be on one side of the area so if you want to be with a friend
    and they want EHU then you need to book EHU as well and please arrive
    together - it difficult enough for marshals to park up 50 ish units in short order
    without trying to keep areas vacant for others to arrive. Our club area is within the
    confines of the show area so some vehicle movement may be restricted at certain
    times of the day based on what is happening in the show ring - please be patient

The Show - this is the biggest show that Retro has ever put on - everything is
    booked and paid for however if an act or display fails to appear there may be
    substitutes which are already to hand. By the way next years show is planned to
    be even bigger I am told and the site booked for the next 5 years !!

I am sending out forms to all those who have previously attended - if you have not
    received by 21st April please contact me by PM with a current email address.

If you are new to Retrofestival and would like to attend - you will be made very
    welcome please PM me your email address and I will forward forms to you​

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Just to clarify if you look on the RETRO web site it will say NO EHU

PLEASE NOTE WE DO HAVE EHU in our area

3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Got our form already - thank you @Landy lover :) Great value at £99 (2 adults) Thursday to Monday for camping in a prime position & tickets for the show & all the entertainment at Retrofestival (y) Extra over 16 years olds are £20 & younger ones are free. EHU is £30 more for the duration but not available in general camping. Toilets & showers are available.
    If booking direct adult tickets are £45 each, Children age 11-16 are £20 (so over 16 classed as additional adult) & camping is £50 so great possible savings to be made by booking on the rally. For us 2 with a 17 year old son that's £66 cheaper by booking in on the rally!
    We hope to be working as volunteers for Retrofestival but if they don't want/need us :unsure: we will book in on the rally:D
    Either way we plan to be there & joining in with Fun:party2:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Know that some missed out on Retrofestival before so sending this to @Spots @Targetpaster @themogs @scammellmanswife @Taran_Las @Steve @Peter & Elaine @The Wino @Forestboy @bungy @Allan & Loren who have expressed an interest before. Hope I haven't missed anyone - those that went last year will automatically be sent a form by Landy lover & can see that Lenny HB spotted this before us.
    Please forgive me if I keep bumping this thread up but know that once it disappears out of Recent threads some might not spot it & there is potential for this to become a great addition to the yearly Fun rally programme!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fletton

Fletton Funster

Hi... Just tried Google to establish where and what it is ... But only get
    Wing & Wheels 27th 28th Aug...

Any more info :)

John T

Edit: Ha ... Post above posted whilst i was faffin posting on phone

Edit edit: Oooh!.. Must have a word wi SHMBO ... When she arrives home from worky... :)

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Nice and central at Newbury show ground just 5 mins off the M4

• Like Like x 1
  8. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

I'm in (y)
    First rally/festival - ooer :p.
    I'm a solo but there looks like there's enough going on to keep me out of mischief :whistle:.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Definitely lots to see & do plus sure you will get a warm welcome from other Funsters - I'm working on trying to get as many to come along as possible! Would encourage anyone who hasn't tried a rally to come along - join in or do your own thing with no pressure :)

10. Debs

Debs Funster

Pm sent :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Don't forget your dancing shoes.:)

12. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

I've got two special dancing shoes... Both left feet :blush: !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spots

Spots Funster

Yes please ! Have sent you my email. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wombles

Wombles Funster

For anyone who is considering this but also wants to try Bristol Balloon Festival why not do Thursday day & night there then come to Retro on Friday so you get the best of both worlds!
    When we went to the Balloon Festival last year it was busy but pleasant to walk around on the Thursday & the Nightglow that night was great. There were the same things to see again including the Nightglow on the Saturday but it was really crowded & we were told that night they had stopped letting people in at the gate for safety :eek: We went twice as we wanted our son to see it as it really is a great experience but we were lucky enough to be on the roof of a hospitality box so up out of the madding crowds :) Would love to go again on the Thursday but the Saturday was a bit too crazy with crowds for us but then we are quiet country folk! See http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/balloon-festival-2016.122502/ about where to camp. The live bands at Retro start on the Friday according to the website.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Guess the clash with Malvern is affecting immediate take up on this one but hopefully enough Funsters to go around?! Would encourage newbies / rally "virgins" to give it a go as plenty to do & see http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ with great rally discount & you don't have to talk to us other Funsters unless you want to! To PM Landy lover for a form just click on his forum picture then on Start A Conversation.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. zac

zac Funster Life Member

We have decided to go as it is not far from us.... I have messaged @Landy lover for a form.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I've been getting some practice in for it, a bit rusty having been away for the last couple of months. Sunday went to a Tea Dance, Monday night Lindy Hop lessons and last night Balboa lessons, knackered now.:LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

OK you've convinced me:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cheque now sent(y)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spots

Spots Funster

Please please may I have a form as have not heard back from Landy Lover. Thanks

20. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Plenty of time to book yet so sure @Landy lover will get back to you once he has a chance.