Breakdown recovery (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Pick up our first motorhome tomorrow? realises we don’t have any breakdown insurance. I already have motorhome insurance and breakdown cover was not an option offered. I’m thinking we need recovery to home option and as I am off to France and Spain we will need European cover too - MH less than a year old. Any recommendations tips appreciated

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
If it’s a fiat you should have the balance of 2 year breakdown warranty . I’ve used mine and they were fine - mind u I was in the uk

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Are you with the caravan and Motorhome club?
If so they offer a deal with green flag who cover you, the driver of any vehicle.
I’m with them for my car but my Motorhome is also covered (UK only) but no restrictions on weight and length of vehicle.
If you then wanted European cover, you have to pay a supplement.
Personally, I’ve found this expensive but I’ve got European breakdown cover for my Motorhome on my Comfort insurance policy but the C&MC green f,ag could be an option for you to consider.

Make sure you read the small print as some companies have restrictions relating to vehicle age, weight and length.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Pick up our first motorhome tomorrow? realises we don’t have any breakdown insurance. I already have motorhome insurance and breakdown cover was not an option offered. I’m thinking we need recovery to home option and as I am off to France and Spain we will need European cover too - MH less than a year old. Any recommendations tips appreciated
How long are you going to France and Spain for?
We just opened Flex plus account with Nationwide..£13 per month..gives us 6 months European Cover and 31 days Worldwide Health insurance (which can be upgraded up to a max of 6 months)
because my other half recommended me to them he has had £100 reward..and because I transferred an account from another bank they gave me £100 as well..
Might be worth a look..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 23, 2019
Norfolkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano
Exp
Since 2019
Just done mine through RAC and Camping and Caravaning Club. It covers the person rather than the vehicle so anything you drive/ride or are a passenger in is covered.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fatboy1960
Jan 9, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Swift 685
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thanks for all the help as it turns out when I went to collect the van the vehicle I found it is under warranty and comes with breakdown cover - ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back