Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Just had my renewal from RAC and when I called them to try and get it cheaper as you do:) talking to them I found out my Motorhome was not covered as it was over 6.2metres long.
They advised me to join C&CC as then they can cover me with a code from them as part of a deal they have.
So I have now joined Green Flag as part of their Mayday package and both myself & wife covered for own cars & Motorhome. Pleased I checked as we thought we were covered.
Just goes to show that never presume really about these things.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I moved to Mayday years ago and have always had prompt response when we have needed it, in the Moho or when tugging, unlike my daughter waiting 2+hrs for RAC.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I had a conversation with the RAC salesman in the Tesco foyer the other day, he was trying to sell me European breakdown cover. I was telling him of the run round they gave me once - "Can you start the engine (yes) can you put it in gear (yes) then you're not broken down, are you?". He said that that same thing had happened to him abroad even though he had told them he was an RAC employee. But he certainly didn't tell me about the motorhome length restriction. He did say that they had a motorhome specific policy, I'm not sure if he meant through the C&CC, which I was in anyway.

So maybe it might be a good idea to answer 'no' to those questions, if you get them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back