LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Depends exactly what your requirements are, we use our insurers £64 a year, Comfort Insurance you have to have the van insured with them.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Having breakdown cover is one thing but will the provider attend without too much of a delay and will they then be able to deal with the problem? Our van does not have a spare wheel so I'm rather concerned what will happen if or when we have a puncture.

Our Hymer Car is based on a FIAT Ducato and for the first three years it is covered by europe-wide FIAT Camper Assistance which in the UK is fulfilled by RAC. Our van insurance is with Think insurance including breakdown cover which is fulfilled by The AA. My motor vehicle policy is with with Direct Line and that includes family breakdown cover from Green Flag and that transfers to the motor home also.

The cost of breakdown cover is not so much compared to the potential expenses and inconvenience and I'm happy to pay extra to have the additional reassurance.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Get mine through Comfort too,alongside insurance. They are competitive for both....for what I want.

OP
OP
L
Jun 27, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Burford
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all, very useful will need to investigate further as we have the insurance already

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Check that your breakdown cover will include being dragged out of a muddy field or verge at no extra cost. Most don’t if they need a bigger vehicle to rescue you they charge extra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
And some require you to have a spare wheel (Actually. All the ones I’ve seen lately have)

You can do compare the market for breakdown cover. There‘s lots of ‘levels‘ of cover, which I don’t fully understand. My bank do it for £12.50 a month with travel insurance (stop/start anytime but the travel only covers prebooked accommodation). I think green flag was the cheapest I’d heard of for an annual policy, but I will check with the aa, because they’re usually up for a bit of haggling.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back