Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,

Looking to renew our breakdown cover for our car as we've moved away from a premium bank account which threw it in for free. Now we have a motorhome I'm interested in the products that cover the member in any vehicle to see if we can get something that would cover both our car and the motorhome (a Chausson Flash 03, 3.5 tonnes, 6.42m long, 2.3m wide).

I notice that some, like the AA claim to cover motorhomes (up to 3.5 tonnes and with a width restriction which our Chausson is within, but the RAC have a length restriction which is 0.02m (!) shorter than our MH for their standard cover (they also happen to sell a dedicated motorhome product which isn't that much more expensive).

What do you guys use, what has your experience of breakdown recovery in a MH been like?

We have so far travelled exclusively in the UK, and are only likely to make the occasional (1-2 max per year, no longer than a fortnight at a time) trip over to Europe so happy to buy an additional product for that.

Rich

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
they also happen to sell a dedicated motorhome product which isn't that much more expensive
If you're referring to the RAC ARRIVAL scheme you also have to be a member of the caravan and camping club (C&CC).
You can also expect their price to rocket after the initial membership, some funsters reporting up to 100% premium increases which is the reason I ditched them
After around three years of reasonable prices the renewal price shot up. .

OP
OP
dutts303

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
If you're referring to the RAC ARRIVAL scheme you also have to be a member of the caravan and camping club (C&CC).
You can also expect their price to rocket after the initial membership, some funsters reporting up to 100% premium increases which is the reason I ditched them
After around three years of reasonable prices the renewal price shot up. .

Ah yes that's the one. We're already members of C&CC, it looks to me like the AA cover us (for a lot cheaper), but wondered what others used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
Hi

Have a look at GEM - my motorhome fitted their criteria - I thinks it’s 7m x 2.4 - don’t rely on my memory though for sizes.

My cover is for any vehicle I’m in.

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
As I’ve said before. We have four vehicles, but it’s the wife and me that are covered, no matter who’s vehicle we are in. CAMC, Green Flag,Mayday whatever you’d like to call it... £115 for roadside recovery etc, UK based. Not bothered about home start.... If I can’t start it then the thing is FUBAR...:)
A Class Moho was the one they put down as the lead vehicle. Nice touch was if the main driver was incapacitated in any way ( not alcohol;))....
They would recover us all back home and MrsB would not have to be sober to drive ;)
Just renewed for same price as last year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2018
Didcot
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79/2f
Exp
4 years
We use green flag personal cover for us both with the MH as named veh. £102 and we are covered for any veh we are in. We have 4 veh and motorbike. You have to be a member of c&cc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back