Braemar to Aviemore snow road (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Heading to Breamar for Christmas then to Avimore for new year, was looking at going via the snow road, obviously if it’s covered in snow I won’t take this route but if it’s clear is it doable
In our 9mtr elegance?
Cheers
Mark

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
484CC2DE-F06B-48C4-9DF6-DD04477FD611.jpeg
You’ll need to watch out for the Garnshiel Bridge on the minor road from Braemar heading up over to Tomintoul. Can be tricky and some longer coaches do ground on the crest of the bridge. There’s snow gates on the Cockbridge/Tomintoul section so if they’re closed you might have to head south out of Braemar then go up the A9.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Good to know coaches do it, I’ll jack the air suspension up a bit hopefully will be enough to stop taking the tarmac with us
Thanks baileysbus
Anybody else had any issues travelling this route?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Been over that bridge many times in the car or on the motorbike and seen coaches scraping their way over it. Would be interested to see how it goes for you as I have avoided it in the motorhome for fear of getting stuck. The picture doesn’t quite capture just how “humpbacked” the centre of the bridge is.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Done it a few times in my tag 8.5 metres with scooter rack on the back

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Done it a few times in my tag 8.5 metres with scooter rack on the back

I’m hoping the air suspension will give me enough to clear it, depending on the weather it might be a non starter anyway

Been over that bridge many times in the car or on the motorbike and seen coaches scraping their way over it. Would be interested to see how it goes for you as I have avoided it in the motorhome for fear of getting stuck. The picture doesn’t quite capture just how “humpbacked” the centre of the bridge is.
I’ll go for a quick run up :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back