Bracket For Fixing TV On Dinette Seat Head Rests - No Drilling & Quick Release (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have had a search online for a way to fix a 21" TV to the front (not rear as shown in photos below) of the rear dinette seat head rests & found 2 options by Brodit & Gallant which combined with the Vision Plus Quick Release Bracket Broken Link Removed may give us what we want. If anyone has tried either of these or has found other (no drill) options then please post here.
The Brodit version sold in various sizes on Amazon at around £42 looks neat but for "monitors" & can't find any info. on weight limit

41KkR7NOFgL._SX425_.jpg

51mY8-y7i1L.jpg

41UY%2BzZwyBL._SX425_.jpg

This is the Gallant version https://www.gallantuk.com/TVMonitor_Headrest_Mounting_Bracket/p2271482_14615359.aspx at £39.95
not so pretty but more adjustable & designed to hold up to a 27" TV or 10 KG!

upload_2018-4-16_23-19-14.jpeg
upload_2018-4-16_23-19-54.jpeg

Thinking this might work well on the front of the headrests on the inside rear dinette seat as this one is rarely used & should be an ideal spot to watch TV from the front seats :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Gallant also do a quick release metal bracket version at £54.95 but doesn't look like it locks like the Vision Plus & prefer it in plastic as less sharp edges.

Vision Plus Quick Release Bracket

upload_2018-4-16_23-28-14.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are your rear headrest actually like that as they are normally only on cab seats (if at all)? A picture of your seats would help.

Also, are you intending to leave the TV there all the time or just when you're watching it (ie put away when you travel)?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are your rear headrest actually like that as they are normally only on cab seats (if at all)? A picture of your seats would help.

Also, are you intending to leave the TV there all the time or just when you're watching it (ie put away when you travel)?
Our current dinette headrests are but will have to wait & see if they are on our next one.
Would leave the bracket fixed but use the Vision Plus bracket for quick removal as always pack TV in storage case for travel.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
This is the one I used on my T5

The TV bracket was this one from Amazon

Amazon product ASIN B00489RV92
Actually only used 2 parts of it, attach the bracket to TV, fit the slid in fitting over the headrest and fit telly! Can be screwed down and some drive with it in place, but I always pack mine in a lap top bag.

What you do with the rest of the bracket is up to you - in my case, I reused the whole bracket in my new MoHo.

Hope this helps.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Of the 2 you've shown I would think the Gallant one would be more suitable for using the 'wrong' way on the seats due to the seat back going inwards below the TV as I'm not sure if there would be enough space with the Brodit one to actually hang a 21" TV never mind have it at an angle to be able to view it. You could make something up yourself though especially if you don't know what you're gonna need in your next camper so it could be a waste of money buying anything at present.

When we had a Rapido with a half dinette and wanted to sit in the cab seats to watch we didn't have any way of mounting the TV so as it had a carry handle on the top I used to put a couple of large hooks over the panel behind the seat and hang the TV off that - worked a treat, I'm wondering if you could so something similar with yours? If you haven't got a carry handle on your TV you could utilise the existing VESA mounts and attach a strap as in my drawing below, then utilise some of the 'bag hanging hooks' of which there are loads of different types on Ebay.

TV strap mounting.png

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There is meant to be some adjustment with the Brodit one but the Gallant TV headrest mount does look the most likely to work so contacted the manufacturer to see if they would offer any discount for members & we now have a Fun Discount Code MHF05 which takes 5% off all the products on their website https://www.gallantuk.com/Interior_Fittings/cat2271483_2966687.aspx (y)
This brings the basic one down to £37.96 & the longer version with extra extension & lift off bracket to £52.50 total including delivery. It's cast aluminium so should be strong too.
Have added the basic one plus a Vision Plus Quick Release Bracket to our list of things to buy for the new campervan once we get it & make sure it has suitable rear head rests. Really hope it does as this would be an easy solution to where best to put the TV :)

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What camper are you getting Wombles?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back