Euromobil

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
A group of cl owners have set up clbooking.co.uk its early days but already several hundred sites, easy to use, some even starting to have real time availability.
They see it as a addition to the camc web site as they need to be affiliated to get their exemption certs.
It's worth a look if you just want a cl.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It looks good. It’s a pity that the 5 site affiliated sites cannot be grouped together on this platform. I see that there is no login/membership process so presumably unless the CL owner asks for membership number anyone could book?
I am not sure how the whole affiliation process works as I don’t think that owners are restricted to members of the overseeing club.
Quackers?

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
When we were looking at becoming a certified site a few years ago now, the top two clubs were adamant that you could only accept club members. Talking to our guests who visit us, the policy is no longer being enforced or is it being abused? I have not looked at larger clubs' regulations for a while so cannot confirm. One thing we are constantly hearing is that many sites are abusing the 5-van rule, wish it was 10 but it is 5.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
When we were looking at becoming a certified site a few years ago now, the top two clubs were adamant that you could only accept club members. Talking to our guests who visit us, the policy is no longer being enforced or is it being abused? I have not looked at larger clubs' regulations for a while so cannot confirm. One thing we are constantly hearing is that many sites are abusing the 5-van rule, wish it was 10 but it is 5.
We stayed on a CL just off Holy Island, back in the summer. It had a 6th pitch called, and labelled “spare pitch”. I was grateful of it because we needed somewhere to stay but I did think that it looked as if they had found a loophole ? The other 5 pitches were already taken .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Cracking idea.
But you still need to be a member of the CAMC to even enquire or search.
Or at least thats what my search on my iphone found.
Looks good though 😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
Great app.. recommend 👍🏼

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
I,ve used it, and yes you have to be a camc member, I,m sure as more and more cl owners become computer savvy they will join, it won't cut out the camc just make booking easier. Perhaps someone will start similar for CS

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Cracking idea.
But you still need to be a member of the CAMC to even enquire or search.
Or at least thats what my search on my iphone found.
Looks good though 😊

I’m not a member of CAMC but I registered on the app and have full access to the search facility and map showing many sites throughout the country.

If I click on one of them it opens an enquiry form where I can choose dates and then submit it. Are there any other functions that a CAMC membership confers?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I left a CL yesterday that I have stayed at several times before, I normally book by email, earlier in the week they asked if I was still a member as they were being inspected so perhaps it is meant to be members only.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I’m not a member of CAMC but I registered on the app and have full access to the search facility and map showing many sites throughout the country.

If I click on one of them it opens an enquiry form where I can choose dates and then submit it. Are there any other functions that a CAMC membership confers?

Yes, can confirm that as a non-member it works!

I did a trial booking and it generated a confirmation email that my request had been forwarded to the CL owner and contained all my details. Under ‘Club Number’ it simply stated ‘United Kingdom’

OP
OP
Euromobil

Euromobil

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
I,m sure if it gets abused by non members it will be the end of it, my recollection is either when I booked or when I arrived I was asked my membership number.
It will be a shame if a few spoil it for everyone.

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Seems like a big waste of time to me, how is it easier?

First Paragragh of FAQ

We are a small group of CL site owners, all members of the Caravan & Motorhome Club. Our goal is to help you, the club member, book our sites much more easily by providing you with up-to date information and availability on hundreds of CL sites across the UK. We know that many members, particularly if they lead busy lives, don’t have the time to call CL owners to check whether they have a pitch.

Third Paragraph. :doh:

NOTE, you MUST confirm with the owner of the site you wish to visit (and we recommend that you do this in writing) that they DO indeed have a pitch for you and then CONFIRM your booking with them, and pay a deposit if requested. :roflmto:

Just use an app that has all the CS and CLs listed such as Search 4 sites, and then call them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I ended up at a cmcc site via an old Web site for the farm ( I belled them and told them I was a member of ccc) they were happy to take my money but then told me I had to leave the next day they had seen my grandson and they were an adult only site.(news to me). having quality and correct information is vital

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.

First Paragragh of FAQ

We are a small group of CL site owners, all members of the Caravan & Motorhome Club. Our goal is to help you, the club member, book our sites much more easily by providing you with up-to date information and availability on hundreds of CL sites across the UK. We know that many members, particularly if they lead busy lives, don’t have the time to call CL owners to check whether they have a pitch.

NOTE, you MUST confirm with the owner of the site you wish to visit (and we recommend that you do this in writing) that they DO indeed have a pitch for you and then CONFIRM your booking with them, and pay a deposit if requested. :roflmto:

Just use an app that has all the CS and CLs listed such as Search 4 sites, and then call them.
I’ve got no problem phoning a site to confirm a booking… if they maintain the availability info, then this is just one call and a formality. But there is no way on earth I am going to call a succession of sites, leave messages one by one, only for them to come back and say, sorry we’re full
Thats so last-century 😁

hja

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We stayed on a CL just off Holy Island, back in the summer. It had a 6th pitch called, and labelled “spare pitch”. I was grateful of it because we needed somewhere to stay but I did think that it looked as if they had found a loophole ? The other 5 pitches were already taken .
quite a lot of CLs have more than 5 pitches, but shouldnt use more than 5 at anyone time. The spare pitches are to facilitate maintenance and choice.

hja

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I’ve got no problem phoning a site to confirm a booking… if they maintain the availability info, then this is just one call and a formality. But there is no way on earth I am going to call a succession of sites, leave messages one by one, only for them to come back and say, sorry we’re full
Thats so last-century 😁
I've used this sites with mixed thoughts. On one site it then took me through to their own web site to book (could have done that from CMAC site). Another worked well, with booking availability and confirmation. Another apparently said they had forwarded the request, and it was sort of mixed information about whether I was to expect any response from the site if they had a pitch but didnt need a deposit. We didnt hear anything, but the booking was fine.
Personally I would just as rather e mail each site. Prefer that to phone.

Jim

Ringleader
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But there is no way on earth I am going to call a succession of sites, leave messages one by one,

Thats a good point, but I don't think I've ever called more than 3 CLs looking for a pitch, We stay on a number on CLs around the country and can't remember the time we had to call 2, seems they always have room for a little one.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
It looks good. It’s a pity that the 5 site affiliated sites cannot be grouped together on this platform. I see that there is no login/membership process so presumably unless the CL owner asks for membership number anyone could book?
I am not sure how the whole affiliation process works as I don’t think that owners are restricted to members of the overseeing club.
Quackers?
Hi.
" Yorkshire Dales " Bank Holiday a few years back..Grid locked. Enter Council and Police. Called ALL sites.." Get them in where you can,forget quotas "
However,it was rumoured that in North Wales,helicopters were often used to check the " 3 van max " rule the little farms had then.
Note. In todays world,if anything went wrong if there were more than 5 vans on site................ They walk among us. ( This is NOT aimed at " ANY...Funsters " )...'ish....?...:ROFLMAO: ;)
Tea Bag

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
All this site/app has to do to be useful and a massive improvement over the CMC, is provide up to date availability. Anything else like online bookings is a bonus. It’s unrealistic to expect them to put a slick, fully transactional app together given the costs and financial hoops you have to jump through these days

Remember, the huge CMC with all its resources can’t do any of this for the CL sites …apparently it’s far too difficult. More like they can’t be bothered - or thy are too busy sorting out the mess of their new wonder website

The owners of the CL’s clearly think it’s worth their effort and time. I think they deserve our support for being bold and taking the initiative and making life easier for their customers.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
When we were looking at becoming a certified site a few years ago now, the top two clubs were adamant that you could only accept club members
They may have demanded but we have been using CL's and CS's for longer than I care to rmbr and have never been asked if we were club members or to show membership card.
However different subject. But you will not get on a THS without proof..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've only had a quick look but provided the sites keep their availability up to date it's going to at least mean you only have to try and contact ones that have a free pitch rather than ring around all of them. I can't see it makes it worse in any way so it's a thumbs up. I would hope in time they will have booking facilities too but that would be a lot more difficult.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Yes would be really good to have an easy way to book CL's . I use them all the time. And yes it can be annoying sometimes trying to contact them.
However is this not changing the concept of little "van sites" into "little commercial van sites".
Do these little sites have the time and manpower to maintain a website.?.. Those that do already offer that facility and for those that don't I am happy to book via phone or indeed email.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018

First Paragragh of FAQ

Have just downloaded this search 4 sites and cannot believe what I have been missing!
Every day is a school day it would seem.
Will open up so many more opportunities.
Well chuffed 👍😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Do these little sites have the time and manpower to maintain a website.?.. Those that do already offer that facility and for those that don't I am happy to book via phone or indeed email.
I guess if you run a small 5 site campsite, you still need to keep track of your bookings somewhere, somehow.
So why not on a simple website in real time, that you can update anywhere from your phone, that helps customers and should drive more bookings

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yes would be really good to have an easy way to book CL's . I use them all the time. And yes it can be annoying sometimes trying to contact them.
However is this not changing the concept of little "van sites" into "little commercial van sites".
I think the whole point is that the small campsites don't have to run a website just updated their availability and if it's probably designed probably do all that on the website. If it's property set up it could also do their account etc a lot easier than a shoebox of receipts!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
WE stayed at one recently which had a "spare" pitch as well, they also had 2 CMC CL's with separate entrances on different roads, a CCC CL and motorhome stop over, It was a large farm shop out in the countryside, not intrusive at all, bt one does wonder how they do it :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back