Bonterra Resort Question (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now
We’ve been travelling through France and now in Roses Spain.
We thought we’d head towards to Benicassim next so I emailed Bonterra Resort having rdad good thing about it on MHF.
Their response was:
“For the dates you request we only have availability in pitches that are next to the wall, these pitches are left for customers who come without booking”
My question is regarding the “pitches next to the wall”, does anyone who’s been there know what that means, are the pitches compromised is there a problem with them?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Depending on which wall they mean, and I guess it is the one on the extreme left of the site as you enter, the pitches themselves are ok but you will lose the sun by about 2 - 3pm. Access, if you have a large moho might require reversing down the entire "street" of up to about 80m

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I don’t know about Bontera, but, Alcazar is the other end of Benicasim, with walking distance to the beach, restaurants etc. We stayed there couple of nights last year. Bontera was full.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Depending on which wall they mean, and I guess it is the one on the extreme left of the site as you enter, the pitches themselves are ok but you will lose the sun by about 2 - 3pm. Access, if you have a large moho might require reversing down the entire "street" of up to about 80m

There’s also the wall on the right hand side. Right next to the building site. Work goes on from before 8 in the morning until 6 in evening.

We were there over Christmas and new year. It was noisy and also at times lots of dust clouds from the building activities.

They were also renewing some of the water pipes in that area. We had them digging up the roadway with jack hammers for 6 days.

Was a nightmare and the site reception didn’t give a damn.

Will never return.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
There’s also the wall on the right hand side. Right next to the building site. Work goes on from before 8 in the morning until 6 in evening.

We were there over Christmas and new year. It was noisy and also at times lots of dust clouds from the building activities.

They were also renewing some of the water pipes in that area. We had them digging up the roadway with jack hammers for 6 days.

Was a nightmare and the site reception didn’t give a damn.

Will never return.
Can I just ask, what would you like them to have done?

Pauline

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Can I just ask, what would you like them to have done?

Pauline

Well not have undertaken the digging up the road with jack hammers directly in front of a pitch that was let out.

When it started the first day I was told they would be done by 2 that afternoon. Well it went on and on and on.

We asked about another pitch snd were told nothing else available.

So they could have reduced the bill for inconvenience. Which they did agree too. But on checking out denied any knowledge of it and refused to reduce the cost.

Mind you they did offer us an alternative pitch. The day before we left after having been there for 3 weeks.

Would you have been happy in the same situation.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Bonterra to my knowledge don't have any pitches for those not booked. They are probably pitches nobody wants. We stayed at Camping Azahar.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Whilst my wife and I think it's a great site we do find ourselves having to agree with the attitude we have noticed at reception which is getting worse. Having complained about the wifi signal several times to be told " sorry nothing we can do" and "it's nothing to do with us" then pointing out that they provide and sell the service and that therefore it does in fact have something to do with them , ie Bonterra, and just getting shrugged shoulders and the word "no" to the question of a partial refund is poor. We have for several years suggested some sort of outdoor heating on the rear bar terrace to enable later use for us many dog owners that won't or can't leave their animals in their unit ( I do know you are not supposed to at all) and the response we get each time is "we dont run the bar and restaurant" again poor attitude.

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
We stayed for a month and the builders was not that bad they are building a new office so they can move the entrance or the council was going to close the park . They was installing new wifi whilst we was thete

Jul 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria compact sl
The bar and restaurant have nothing to do with the camp reception. You need to see Caesar for that, and best of luck!

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Well not have undertaken the digging up the road with jack hammers directly in front of a pitch that was let out.

When it started the first day I was told they would be done by 2 that afternoon. Well it went on and on and on.

We asked about another pitch snd were told nothing else available.

So they could have reduced the bill for inconvenience. Which they did agree too. But on checking out denied any knowledge of it and refused to reduce the cost.

Mind you they did offer us an alternative pitch. The day before we left after having been there for 3 weeks.

Would you have been happy in the same situation.
No I wouldn’t have. I was just wondering what the alternatives were. I can understand that the work has to be done and that they probably don’t want to have empty pitches but in my opinion they should have offered you a reduced rate as soon as the work started and for anyone else in the same area. It’s a pity that it’s put you off staying there again but I guess they know that they can easily fill their pitches with little advertising.

Pauline

OP
OP
B
Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now
Broadway What site are you on at Roses? We are thinking of stopping off there on our way back from Andalusia in May
We stayed at Camping Joncar Mar. Very handy for the beach, town and promenade. The vans are tightly squeezed in between trees, lamp posts, concrete pillars and random steel supports. There is just walking room between vans. I’m 7.5m with a bike rack on the back and the reversing into a space was an interesting experience. Overnight it was very peaceful despite the number of units and felt safe.
Personally I wouldn’t stay again.
I’ve since discovered there is a newly opened auto caravaning park having picked up a brochure in the tourist information office. I didn’t get to see it but it looks acceptable on the website autocaravaningparkroses.com
If I came to Roses again that’s where I’d stop for a night or two.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
No I wouldn’t have. I was just wondering what the alternatives were. I can understand that the work has to be done and that they probably don’t want to have empty pitches but in my opinion they should have offered you a reduced rate as soon as the work started and for anyone else in the same area. It’s a pity that it’s put you off staying there again but I guess they know that they can easily fill their pitches with little advertising.

Pauline
thing is we were there last year also and it was excellent. Which is why we returned.

some businesses are short sighted as they weren't interested. At the moment they can fill pitches easily but no doubt the bubble will burst in the future and they will be looking at how they can fill them then and pay for their new reception building.

there are other campsites for us to explore this year (y)(y)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
The bar and restaurant have nothing to do with the camp reception. You need to see Caesar for that, and best of luck!
I know that but they lease it to him and it is promoted with their name and is viewed as part of the site therefore it is to do with Bonterra Resort

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
We stayed at Camping Joncar Mar. Very handy for the beach, town and promenade. The vans are tightly squeezed in between trees, lamp posts, concrete pillars and random steel supports. There is just walking room between vans. I’m 7.5m with a bike rack on the back and the reversing into a space was an interesting experience. Overnight it was very peaceful despite the number of units and felt safe.
I’ve since discovered there is a newly opened auto caravaning park having picked up a brochure in the tourist information office. I didn’t get to see it but it looks acceptable on the website autocaravaningparkroses.com
Its next to Salata and if you use Acsi Salanta is cheaper than the aire.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for the info. I'd picked up the Aire from S4S as a possibility. The pitches at Joncar Mar do look a bit of a squeeze.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
I don’t disagree, I think Caesar, the bar staff, reception staff, Bonterra and Benicassim are all wonderful. Maybe some customers are a little unreasonable!
If directed at me due to my previous comments I would simply say that if I pay for a certain service I expect to get it as described. Are you any different? I think the site knows that it will be full all over winter regardless so can dismiss what to you clearly seem irrelevant complaints or requests out of hand. It was brilliant customer service all round when we first went 6 years ago I would agree but has noticeably worsen in that time in my opinion, and clearly I am not the only one, and as I pay my bill at the end of my stay not you I will continue to have that opinion until I see different.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Whilst my wife and I think it's a great site we do find ourselves having to agree with the attitude we have noticed at reception which is getting worse. Having complained about the wifi signal several times to be told " sorry nothing we can do" and "it's nothing to do with us" then pointing out that they provide and sell the service and that therefore it does in fact have something to do with them , ie Bonterra, and just getting shrugged shoulders and the word "no" to the question of a partial refund is poor. We have for several years suggested some sort of outdoor heating on the rear bar terrace to enable later use for us many dog owners that won't or can't leave their animals in their unit ( I do know you are not supposed to at all) and the response we get each time is "we dont run the bar and restaurant" again poor attitude.
We stayed in January. Did find the WiFi hot and miss. Complained on 2 occasion and they apologised and got the engineer out. When I came to pay the didn't charge me for the WiFi.
Couldn't fault the reception staff at all.
We booked for Christmas and the new year. They took time to explain they didn't know next years prices but I could reserve dates and if I didn't like the price increase cancel and get my deposit back.

Can't wait to return.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
We stayed in January. Did find the WiFi hot and miss. Complained on 2 occasion and they apologised and got the engineer out. When I came to pay the didn't charge me for the WiFi.
Couldn't fault the reception staff at all.
We booked for Christmas and the new year. They took time to explain they didn't know next years prices but I could reserve dates and if I didn't like the price increase cancel and get my deposit back.

Can't wait to return.
Yes on a previous stay we got that wifi "refund" so it's not all staff I would agree and despite me saying that the standard of customer service is lower than it once was we too are booked again for our 80 day stay at the end of his year again. Didnt say it was terrible just that it had got worse IMHO

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
I'd say give Bonterra a try. You might be able to move to a better pitch later or just move on.
This was a few years ago. We paid extra on the ACSI price for a better pitch.
I'd give a vote for Salata in Roses. Stayed a few times and checked out the other sites. Much preferred Salata.

May 21, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 1986
Stayed at Bonterra the last three years for periods of upto 6 weeks at a time, we have found the quality of the restaurant food has gone down and prices are much higher, our plot last October/November was on the end of the row next to the site main thoroughfare, nice spot but so many people walk dogs there (and there were many) as the sun came up it stunk of dog piss. We are looking for somewhere else for our winter sun, any suggestions would be welcome

OP
OP
B
Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now
I'd say give Bonterra a try. You might be able to move to a better pitch later or just move on.
I'd give a vote for Salata in Roses. Stayed a few times and checked out the other sites. Much preferred Salata.
Yes I think Salata would have been better, unfortunately it doesn’t open until March.

OP
OP
B
Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
AS Winchcombe
Exp
Not so new now
Stayed at Bonterra the last three years for periods of upto 6 weeks at a time, we have found the quality of the restaurant food has gone down and prices are much higher, our plot last October/November was on the end of the row next to the site main thoroughfare, nice spot but so many people walk dogs there (and there were many) as the sun came up it stunk of dog piss. We are looking for somewhere else for our winter sun, any suggestions would be welcome
The place we’re at for a few days could be a possibility. Vilapark at Vilanova i la Geltu. We are on a large fully serviced pitch which is good. There looks to be a number of folks here who have overwintered. That said it is a massive resort which must be horrendous in the summer when the hoards arrive!!
Vilanova is a very pleasant town easily accessible by bike with lots of cycle paths in the town where traffic is obliged to give way to cyclist, we thought we were in Holland for a moment!!

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
They do save pitches next to the wall towards Lidl for those not booked in advance. We had one of those last year, it was a good size but in January lost the sun about 3pm. In Feb, Mar you may get sun until 4/5. This year there was alot of maintenance and building work going on. It's a great resort in a fab location.

20230124_131531.jpg

20230123_090703.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back