Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hi all.
Blown air pipes on an old Truma / Fanmaster system. Are the pipes a standard size or do they vary?

I suffer from two pipes exposed under the MH over 6 foot each. I was planning to lag them but now going to experiment with directing them within the MH cupboard next to the Fire/Heater and vent forwards and backwards down the main accommodation corridor ....

Do I really need warm air to toilet, vanity area, walkway, under table and shower?
(Don't tell Crazy Cat Lady she loves the warm air in the shower )

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If they are under the Motorhome they should be inside a larger black pipe that gives some insulation. If they are the same pipes as inside it has been incorrectly installed.
Yes they are normally a standard size 65mm dia, the outside pipe with the insulated sleeve is 85mm dia and expensive at iver 50 quid for 2m.
There is also a 30 or 32mm pipe for feeding around the back of seats, water tanks etc.

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
If they are under the Motorhome they should be inside a larger black pipe that gives some insulation. If they are the same pipes as inside it has been incorrectly installed.
Yes they are normally a standard size 65mm dia, the outside pipe with the insulated sleeve is 85mm dia and expensive at iver 50 quid for 2m.
There is also a 30 or 32mm pipe for feeding around the back of seats, water tanks etc.

Yes they are black under the MH. Thanks though as didn't know this was special ducting.

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I did! Made such a difference too.

Details, pics, inspiration, etc: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...n-air-heating-system-pic-heavy-thread.147127/

Thanks for the link.
I have the heater on nearside and all my vents are off side! Hence I am wondering if I can improve efficiency and effectiveness by not going "underground" but I have water tank between fire and the handy nearest bench seat that is mm perfect fit so no way past it other than across ceiling or under MH again!
Bit of poor design in an old Autocruise that I am generally happy with design-wise.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
  • Informative
Reactions: JJ
Apr 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
American RV
Exp
I’m a newbie
Do I really need warm air to toilet, vanity area, walkway, under table and shower?
(Don't tell Crazy Cat Lady she loves the warm air in the shower )
[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm......of course WE need warm air in the shower etc.......you’ve been caught out Jev.........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back