OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Thanks Christian

That is really useful info as I always left my Alde system on at 7c throughout the winter to keep the van slightly warmed through and to avoid damp.

I was planning on doing the same with the motorhome!

However my dan system is simply not working properly.

It went into a fault code 80 ( think) yesterday when I turned system to boost.

This morning I turned on gas, set system to Gas2 & Electric and took dogs for a walk, expecting a nice toastier van on my return.

Unfortunately system had gone into an E 5 H fault code and was again turned off!

Really hoping i have not just purchased a lemon!!!!!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I'm sure you've not got a lemon and if there's an issue it will be resolved.

it seems the issue could be with the electric side of the boiler or supply, have you tried the system on just gas?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Thanks Caspaul. You answered the question. I have no issues with the heating I do exactly what the dealership told me to do. Start on gas when up to heat switch to electric when on HU and the van is nice and comfortable. I suppose the smaller the area to heat the less heat you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Some manufacturers recommend starting up heating before end of driving, ie. With engine running as the Truma system takes a lot of power to start up, some systems you can't, outs we can.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
When we bought our new French Burstner TI736 just over a year ago, the only option was gas heating (Truma Combi 6)
It is excellent. The van has a double thermo floor with 4 heater outlets in underfloor lockers, and 11 hot air outlets throughout the van, including 2 in the garage, so nowhere is cold. With the fan setting on ECO, the van warms up quickly and you can hardly hear the fan running unless you set the fan at HIGH. The boiler is under one of the side bench seats at the front so you can't hear it at all in bed.
I've never had a van with Alde heating but it feels like our heating has been designed and installed in the most efficient way, so can't see how it could be any better.

I would suggest you try the heating on gas only and see if it works ok. We had a new Autosleeper a few years ago with gas and electric Truma heating, the electric heating was only used to take the chill off the van when we weren't using it in winter. Gas is much more efficient.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Quick update

I have had all kinds of error codes turning uptoday! ?

I have an engineer coming, hopefully on Monday, Tuesday at the latest!

I will start experimenting againwhen it is all fixed.

I have put a little oil heater in there for now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Had Alde on our first mh and Truma in the next two. However the last one has an Alko double floor and to all intent purposes , we now have a heated floor, which give some of the benefits of the Alde.
I preferred the blown system, my wife would prefer Alde. Different strokes for different folk.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Engineer came out yesterday to look at my heating problem.

Opened up the seating area with the heater in it, took the cover off the wiring and looked puzzled!

Called me over and asked if I could see a problem, the brown wire for the return on the main pier for the heater was hanging off!

He reckons it must have been getting enough of a return through the earth/chassis, so that the heating kind of worked.

Plugged it back in and now all seems to be working okay.

Will test and see how warm it cannot the van now it is properly wired up! :)

One bonus, he showed me how to easily remove my table, makes such a huge difference having that space there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back