Free Member
Feb 27, 2020
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
B584
Exp
since 2015
Hi,Is there a way to fix a blind in Hymer. It has been difficult to open and close for some time and has finally given up-anybody else had this problem........and sorted it?

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
If it's stuck rather than broken, lashings of silicone spray should work.
If it's broken, sorry no idea

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
My b654 is a 2006 model year (first registered in 2007). One of the window blinds broke and drooped one side while in Spain a few weeks back. The string had come away. If you have a similar blind / problem. Say so and I will explain how I fixed it if I can

OP
OP
B

Bosbus

Free Member
Feb 27, 2020
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
B584
Exp
since 2015
Thanks for your messages. Yes, Peppadog, that is exactly what has happened to ours so your input would be a great help. Ours was also registered in 2007.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Ours was the nearside, side window blind. A look on the window side of the blind led to me finding the loose string. In my case, on the left as I looked at it. The top fly screen was not the problem, only the concertina lower blind, which was now out of shape and lopsided.
I carefully refolded the lower blind into shape and, once done, raise or lower it a bit manually (window open). About half way if I recall. I think I worked on it from both sides. My wife probably helped. It took a few minuets to get it back into its concertina shape.
I then removed / unclicked the top corner plastic trim (mine was cracked anyway it turned out, but superglue fixed that!). A careful look reveals a screw, which if you remove the other top corner, shows the string tensioner is retained in place by loosening the screw and putting a turn of the string round it before tightening. There is not much room, but you can get a screwdriver in to it. Once you get to this stage, just look carefully at the route the string that is still attached in place takes. It goes round the bottom and back up the side to the top, where I was able to re-attach it behind the screw. That should be it. Mine now goes up and down again. Just clip the corner trims back in and its like nothing ever went wrong with it.
I was amazed it was so easy considering what it looked like when it dropped.
I hope that helps. If you need a close up pic of the screw, I will take one.
Good luck Bosbus

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bosbus

Free Member
Feb 27, 2020
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
B584
Exp
since 2015
That's brilliant. Ours is the same window and the same side of that window. Must have been an apprentice working on that string!!
Will wait for a warm day to have a go.
Thanks Peppadog

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
No problemo Bosbus. If your string is broken / won't now reach the screw. All is not lost. You can obtain that size of string from a chandlers, like Force 4 (google it). Its called whipping line. Used primarily for whipping marine rope ends. It comes in many sizes but the line in the blinds is only about 1.5 - 2.5mm I think.
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back