Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpeg

Ok, have to admit that I am one of these people that wash and polish the MH after every trip:)
So, after a good rain and all the dust and crap has been washed off the roof down the sides, it drys to leave the black lines.
So, what's the best way to get rid of them?
The van gas a good covering of polish on, but they still seem to be a little difficult to come off. Would a good coat of wax applied after polishing help?
The van does lean very slightly to one side as my driveway isn't quite level, so it's generally only one side that get the lines.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Also, is it safe/advisable to stand on the roof?
I can reach the front roof light by standing on my porch (see above picture), but am a bit hesitant about stepping onto the actual roof.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Best read your manual re standing on the roof - our's has a twelve and a half stone weight limit - that excludes one of us!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
As landscaper says,, check in your handbook, My Autocruise Wentworth roof take all of my 16 stone but only up to the line where the low profile starts.

Upvote 0

Colli

Free Member
Jul 30, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you just have polish on then you have effectively got nothing on, polish just polishes, does not give any protection. You need to have wax as protection.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back