Bit of help needed Hymer indicators! (1 Viewer)

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
Hi does anyone know how to change the front lights bulbs,(headlights/indicators), on a Hymer 544..this will help me get my van through the mot...and I can spend the saved dosh on a pint for the helpfull funster..cheers lads/lassies

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
If stuck, you could try taking it to Halfords. They only charge a few quid for changing bulbs. I don't see why they shouldn't do motorhomes but it would be prudent to check first.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
why are you changing them?

if more then one has failed it might suggest something else is wrong maybe o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
No sorry its just the indicator bulb neads replacing and I cant figure out how to get at it !

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Have you got down on the ground and looked up under the bumper? My Hymer is a later version but I'm pretty sure that is how to access the indicators and fog lights on mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
If you are on Facebook then join HOG Hymer Owners Group im sure someone can help you on there

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I wouldn't take my mother in law to halfords!

I have taken my car there twice in the last year for new headlight bulbs, which are a devil to change unless you take the engine out. They did the job perfectly well at moderate cost and I was quite happy with their service.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
with bonnet off facing vehicle, on right hand side large black air filter cover. just in front of this is a large rubber bung/cover, this covers the headlamp bulb spring off the clip holding bulb, all should be self explanatory.
for the indicator bulb look further right behind the washer bottle, you should see a spring with round loop at top, pull this and lift clear. you should then be able to push complete lens with bulb out to the front.

OP
OP
Ricardoe

Ricardoe

Free Member
Apr 11, 2016
West midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer544
Exp
Just started
with bonnet off facing vehicle, on right hand side large black air filter cover. just in front of this is a large rubber bung/cover, this covers the headlamp bulb spring off the clip holding bulb, all should be self explanatory.
for the indicator bulb look further right behind the washer bottle, you should see a spring with round loop at top, pull this and lift clear. you should then be able to push complete lens with bulb out to the front.
Hi B-well..got to the bottom of it.With your help got the bulb out but nothing wrong!..started thinking the worst,so I popped it down my local garage where in a couple of minutes the man found a bad connection on a connector and fault fixed..cheers mate

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hi B-well..got to the bottom of it.With your help got the bulb out but nothing wrong!..started thinking the worst,so I popped it down my local garage where in a couple of minutes the man found a bad connection on a connector and fault fixed..cheers mate

Well done glad all is good to go. take care happy travels.
images

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back