Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
Bit over the top, too much orange, disco lights in the shower!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I quite like the Grey with accents of colour this one is obviously Orange but they could give you a choice like N+B do, not sure that I like the camouflage graphic on the side but I like it "falling down" the back. Not sure about black wheels either but I don't like alloys anyway, maybe some stainless trims with a dark finish to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Wow. Obviously a new EU taxation on the UK. Every motorhome exported from Germany has a free illegal immigrant included in the locker.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Can you tell me is that a wrap or a paint job? If its a paint job it peaks my interest and whilst the excessive "avant-garde" graphics will be a matter of taste the principle of a coloured exterior with some more subdued graphic flashes would very much be something I would pay for. I loved the "champagne" finish I had on the Flair and for what is I think €15k you can get any colour you like now. I am sure this is a signal of a new direction at Morelo. Using a dealer to promote it means they can oblige and test the water without being described a failure if they choose not to pursue it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

I am tempted to say that this is a wrap but the hinges are painted, if it was all paint it would/should all be the same colour and finish. I will add I think a side graphic would look better with the MORELO shield in it as it breaks up the length.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 07.50.31.png

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Martin, looks like you may be right. So that's off my list then. That said I have a great paint shop in Launceston and he does lorries with a booth to match. I might, if I still have this one and it needs a spruce up, get it painted. But don't hold your breath.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
That’s where I got my Palace from
I’m with Michael and think the N&B paint jobs look good and I with a choice of any colour you want (at a price)

Not sure how good a wrap would be so would go for paint I would have one in BMW Cashmere if it was available.

Not keen on the interior though.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That’s where I got my Palace from
I’m with Michael and think the N&B paint jobs look good and I with a choice of any colour you want (at a price)

Not sure how good a wrap would be so would go for paint I would have one in BMW Cashmere if it was available.

Not keen on the interior though.
So drop them an email and get the full SP.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Hi Michael

I am tempted to say that this is a wrap but the hinges are painted, if it was all paint it would/should all be the same colour and finish. I will add I think a side graphic would look better with the MORELO shield in it as it breaks up the length.

View attachment 487193
I did wonder if this could be the key driver to the locker changes. My new van no longer has the external hinges, are Morelo looking to make the wrap an option where it would be much easier to achieve without the stick out hinges on the lockers....food for thought.

I have some images of a Concorde which was wrapped in Gold. In my opinion it looked very good. I shall see if I can find them and post.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I did wonder if this could be the key driver to the locker changes. My new van no longer has the external hinges, are Morelo looking to make the wrap an option where it would be much easier to achieve without the stick out hinges on the lockers....food for thought.

I have some images of a Concorde which was wrapped in Gold. In my opinion it looked very good. I shall see if I can find them and post. (y)
I saw the new lockers in the factory showroom last year(y) I would be surprised if they gave a colour option with a wrap rather than paint but I will certainly watch with interest.

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
HA HA looks like a arto could do with a cupla torpedo tubes and a conning tower is it no U52

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I actually like it.
I wonder what length that was.
It’s a very similar layout to ours so maybe 8.2 m.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I think it works really well and it is obviously a well thought out design incorporating the white locker surrounds and white skirts. I did ask a guy about wrapping my Palace a few years ago, hence me keeping these pictures. He quoted around 4.5K for similar wrap but that was with top quality wrap and replacing the horrendous Morelo carbon with high gloss carbon which he claimed was self healing if it got scratched. He was also going to replace the MORELO shields on each side and top them with self healing wrap to protect it. He wanted the van for a week to do it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Couldn’t possibly have a 'Binder' edition if you live in Suffolk.
Binders are a well known local company that run a fleet of tankers pumping out sewage systems and cess pits. :unsure:

Nice looking van though, just need to change the name. :giggle:

Richard.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
That’s not a bad first attempt by Morelo at a stealth camper:whistle2: I like it, it’ll save a few days a year polishing and waxing👍
The only criticism I have, not aimed just at Morelo, almost all top end vans is that awful wine/champagne glass cabinet! It’s such a waste of space. Nearly everything else is to die for, and if my numbers ever came up I’d have the shorter one in a heartbeat. I have a favourite stellplatz in Germany and my yardstick is regardless of how much money I win on lotto, if it don’t fit on that platz I ain’t havin it. I’ll keep trying👍😁😁😁

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That’s not a bad first attempt by Morelo at a stealth camper:whistle2: I like it, it’ll save a few days a year polishing and waxing👍
The only criticism I have, not aimed just at Morelo, almost all top end vans is that awful wine/champagne glass cabinet! It’s such a waste of space. Nearly everything else is to die for, and if my numbers ever came up I’d have the shorter one in a heartbeat. I have a favourite stellplatz in Germany and my yardstick is regardless of how much money I win on lotto, if it don’t fit on that platz I ain’t havin it. I’ll keep trying👍😁😁😁
I agree, I have one, the lesser of 2 evils in the option beside the door. A mirror that will provide no real use other than to look smeared in most lights, or the combination of the TV and the said glass cupboard. Where the unused glasses need cleaning. We did not want a drop down TV from behind the lockers as that reduces the useful locker space and with our seating arrangement does not provide for a good viewing position for 2, even though the drop down TV looks cool, but that's the alternative with the mirror and no glass cupboard. Although there are other positions for the glass cabinet too! So glass cabinet by the door it was. I may one day modify it, if we, hopefully never, get locked up for another 12 months!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
They must have listened to you Westy66, ours just uses a cupboard with a shelf with cutouts so you can take out the one shelf and just put a standard one back in, not even a mirrored back and lights now;)

IMG_0018.jpeg

Jen says as wine cabinets go it Naff.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
even though I'm not keen on grey, I quite like the outside of the morelo, but don't like the grey "wood" on the inside and struggle to see why I would want purple LEDs in the shower? I do wish more mh's were available in colour s but imo that particular wra p makes the Concorde too much like a Dethlefs, nice that they're trying it though

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We love our wine glass cabinet. It’s so nice to be able to carry a nice wine/champagne glass without out worrying it’s going to smash, however clumsy stupidity on my part means we have had to get 2 replacement champagne glasses from Amazon Duh.

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
They must have listened to you Westy66, ours just uses a cupboard with a shelf with cutouts so you can take out the one shelf and just put a standard one back in, not even a mirrored back and lights now;)

View attachment 487482

Jen says as wine cabinets go it Naff.
Reminds me of holy comunion we got the body but the priests go all the wine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back