Bike Recovery Insurance (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We had a major bike component failure in the Pyrenees this summer, fortunately on a day when our tandem supplier (who are fantastic) were open and could talk us through some fault diagnostics. It was a 'free hub bearing failure' - the bike was 4 months old so not a maintenance issue! It was just one of those things and a learning curve for me, spare wheels will be in the van next year! We had a frustrating week waiting for a new part but got back on the road eventually.

We ride in some remote areas both in the UK and Europe often on our own and cover quite a lot of miles and ascents, so I was quite surprised to find this cycle rescue insurance for £24.00. I have given it a whirl, hopefully never need it now!

It also covers electric bikes and provides 90 days in Europe cover. Even if it is just a paid for ride back to the motorhome or bike shop, I think for £24.00 it has to be worthwhile. Might be worth checking it out.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Reading it I think it's 24 per person,,Still probably cheaper than a taxi.BUSBY.

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not sure about that as a cycle is deemed to include a tandem which by definition has 2 riders but a good point and something worth checking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
At the distances you 2 ride i wouldn't be surprised if you've worn that tandem out after 4 months :LOL: amazing pics you posted over your French tour, inspirational.

Will look into that insurance and am going to take a look at my spares/tool box this winter, needs bolstering i think.....

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Ridgeway I blame my stoker she does the route planning! If you want any routes let me know I should be able to get them to you. That goes for anyone else.

We can also recommend the Semaine Federal in France - it is really great fun and suits all abilities of cyclist ranging from people towing children in trailers to serious cyclists having a bit of fun. All types of bikes welcome. It is always the first week of August and in 2020 it is on the Cherbourg peninsular so easy to get to.

Here is the link and if anyone wants further info on it feel free to ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back