Best Route From Santander To Roses Costa Brava (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Hi funsters, We are going to Spain again in September for 6 weeks and need some advice on best routes. We usually cross the channel and spend a leisurely 5 or 6 days driving down through France and over the border on the Mediterranean side and onto the C&C rally at San Pere Pescador near Roses before off down to Beni. However, this year we are taking the ferry to Santander for the first time and need to find the best route from there to Pescador. We had decided on over the border into France, going past Pau, on to Toulouse and then rejoin the road we know and over the mountain to the rally. I have noticed recent comments on here about the tolls being ended in Spain and wondered if anyone knows if the Santander/Zaragoza, or any other route, would be a better option.
Thanks in advance.
Pete.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have done it in a day on a Harley, it's about 500 miles, it was a good few years ago and I can't remember the route but it was motorway all the way. We left the port about 9am and arrived about 6pm. I wouldn't do it again on a bike but should be OK in a MoHo. We came back via Zaragoza and took 2 days, a much better run.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Whenever we have done it we took the toll motorway straight across. The AP2 I think it’s called.

It’s a nice drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Both routes are about 500 miles so either way your not going to far out your way. The route through Pau and up to Toulouse seems like your going backwards but it's a nice drive and would get my vote.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I wouldn't rush along that route, there are so many places you could stop off to see more of the real Spain, you 've got the Rioja towns along the route and you could go slightly off route and take in Alquezar where there is an ACSI site and a beautiful town.

OP
OP
Pete D.
Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Thanks all for your responses, very much appreciated.
We decided to use the Portsmouth to Santander ferry just to try it out and also to see some of central Spain as we go home from Benidorm via Valencia, Tuefel, Zaragoza etc. In keeping with this I think we will do the Zaragoza/AP2 route from the port to San Pere Pescador.
Once again, thanks for your time and responses.
Pete.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back