Best pvc for insulation? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Our Rapido has dedicated ski storage and a Truma 6 heater. The waste water tank is designed to be heated by the blown air system, apparently.

The converter's website and brochure plays on the quality of insulation installed, but doubtless other brands will claim exactly the same about theirs!

Really I never knew any PVC converters heated the waste tank with the vans Truma heating system?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Adria show the adria twin in a climate control room with temperatures from -30 -+60

Really, at minus 30 that's impressive, and what happens to the water pipes/system at minus 30?, waste tank etc, everything still functioning correctly?

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Really, at minus 30 that's impressive, and what happens to the water pipes/system at minus 30?, waste tank etc, everything still functioning correctly?
I don’t know CazPaul, I emailed adria about winterised vans , they sent me a link, showing the new insulation methods and the van in a climate control room. You can see it in the brochure for 2021 models

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
<Broken link removed> on page 17 and it says -40 !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Did you read the the page CazPaul?

Yes many thanks, it sounds impressive the ecofiber insulation looks good. They don't go into enough detail about the winter use, they should be mentioning that all water pipes etc were fine and the van performed well in the minus temperatures.

I like the Webasto heating but that is only available on one 640 model but not the 6 metre models.

They mention the skier/snowboarder lady called maze who regularly uses her twin supreme for skiing trips with a picture.

Overall though it does look an impressive package.

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
It does, I just hope it’s not just marketing hype. Any way I’ve ordered one now. I would think if they show that it is tested in the climate chamber, like you said , you would assume all pipes etc are good.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It does, I just hope it’s not just marketing hype. Any way I’ve ordered one now. I would think if they show that it is tested in the climate chamber, like you said , you would assume all pipes etc are good.

Let us know how you find it when you start using it, especially winter use. That's the main test.

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Yes it must, Adria did send me link , it is in their brochure, page 17, like CazPaul said, you would think they would mention how the van did under those extreme temperatures

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Wildax make this claim:
Winter.jpg

They used to specify an independent testing report on their website, maybe just a different presentation in the brochure :unsure:.

Edited:
Found this:
https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/m...-campervans-achieve-highest-insulation-rating

So now claiming a lower temperature

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Wildax make this claim:
View attachment 425009

They used to specify an independent testing report on their website, maybe just a different presentation in the brochure :unsure:.

Edited:
Found this:
https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/m...-campervans-achieve-highest-insulation-rating

So now claiming a lower temperature

The problem is both tanks are underslung on the Wildax and without the 12v system in operation would freeze at minus temperatures so you would require hook up to run the 12v for any length of time.

The Adria fresh is inside which is much better I think.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
The problem is both tanks are underslung on the Wildax and without the 12v system in operation would freeze at minus temperatures so you would require hook up to run the 12v for any length of time.

The Adria fresh is inside which is much better I think.
Who knows - I certainly don't intend to go anywhere cold enough to test their claims.
If cold & Wildax were a serious consideration, no doubt a call to Duncan would clarify if the tank heaters were on during the test.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Who knows - I certainly don't intend to go anywhere cold enough to test their claims.
If cold & Wildax were a serious consideration, no doubt a call to Duncan would clarify if the tank heaters were on during the test.

It says in the write up you linked to ''Tanks that have a 12v system installed'' so that must mean the 12v was in operation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back