Best countries for charcoal BBQ or open fire? (1 Viewer)

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
I bet the answer is the UK! What other countries have a majority of campsites that are charcoal BBQ friendly? I hate using a gas one, might as well be inside.

Even better one has a fair proportion of campsites allowing open fires - fine if the fire has to be off the ground.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think its easier to list the ones that don't allow them and it will be sadly for you anywhere with warm summers and a high risk of forest fires so in our experience a lot of Southern France and having seen the water bombers in action Croatia. I like a proper barbeque as well although often don,t get around to it because of the faff cleaning afterwards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Quite a lot of sites have shared BBQ thingies made out of concrete with a grill on top. You can't use your own but you can use these ones.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Quite a lot of sites have shared BBQ thingies made out of concrete with a grill on top. You can't use your own but you can use these ones.
Yes I think thats because of te idiots that either put disposables on the grass or go to bed with the bbq still lit. I can see why sites would find it easier to just ban them!

OP
OP
Jane And Rog

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks, I kind of suspected as much but though the Wisdom of Fun (tm) should be consulted.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Here around where I live all the 'picnic' areas that had these installed years ago have all been removed due to the fire risk . Not helped also by the fact that legally ,anywhere that is classed as 'campo' , countryside, it is not legal to have any type of fire without a licence & apparently this also includes smoking if they really wish to be pedantic.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Never been on a site that didn't allow BBq's
The last one we were on here in Corsica had big signs banning all BBQs including gas ones. This was a first for us. Charcoal BBQs I can understand being banned and generally all Mediterranean sites in forested areas ban them but a gas BBQ is just like a gas stove widely used by folk in tents. But it was their site so they make the rules. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back