bessacarr e560/what you think (1 Viewer)

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
hi,
waiting to take delivery of my new bessicar e560.woulld like to no what other owoners of same think.hope to go down to spain in it at end of month. blackie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bessacars are great, make sure you get a few trips in her before you get on the ferry.. Lucky sod >:)>:)

Oh and welcome to the fun>:)

OP
OP
B

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
thank you jim i will.have just returned in october from a two months tour of france,germany,austria,itaily and switzerland it is a hard life jim this retirement, blackie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Don,t think you can go wrong with any of the current Swift models , they seem to have really got things right recently >:) Customer service is exceptional with the Chairman of the company heading this. Fellow member Ash has the same model as your buying in the Bolero model and is very happy with it. >:)>:)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Think the Chairman needs to go down and sort out Customer Service next:cry::cry:

David

Sorry but I have to disagree, we have a prob with our 6 month old Bessie and Peter was on the phone personally to me with reassurance that they would do all they could to put it right, it is with them at the moment and. Carol from customer services has been excellent phoning me with updates and making sure nothing else needed looking at while they have it. Yes you can say a new MH should not have any probs but it has and they are doing all they can to put it right.

Well done and thank you Swift:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It does really look like Swift are pulling their finger out and doing all they can to sort out the aftersales service that we all know is vital. Swift are on motorhomefacts quite a bit it seems, maybe we ought to let them know we (fun) are here so they can carry on with the good work here as well.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Why? do you have problems, Swift are very concerned about customer care.

I have one problem which both I and my Service Agent have been trying to resolve since the van was 11 months old involving failure of parts fitted to the van by Swift ( Not a failure of their manufacture but their supplier ) and the other that concerns me is that after notification of the seat base recall back last Summer, I seem to be having a long wait to get mine replaced. If it is considered to be a risk to safety then it should have been dealt with promptly.

Otherwise I am over the moon with the van and its quality of build and have recommended to others.

David

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Problems with van

David

If you send me your details I will look into your case next week to see what I can do to help.

Regards
Kath

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Kath,

Thanks very much for your super fast action in dealing with my problems, which have been going on for a while. As discussed my van will be going for its Habitation Check next week, and I am looking forward to having the items rectified by Moorland Leisure at that time.
You certainly have got your finger on the button and have made me a very satisfied customer and it proves to me that you are now the No1 for Motorhomes & Caravans.
Well done.

David

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi blackie is it like this.....> .. hope you enjoy your travels ENJOY::bigsmile:

ray

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
David

If you send me your details I will look into your case next week to see what I can do to help.

Regards
Kath

One cannot ask for better than that, don't see any other converter on these forums or on the dark side, they must be frightened to show their faces unlike Swift.

Well done Kath

springboksid

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 months
Shuddering on Bessicar e560

hi,
waiting to take delivery of my new bessicar e560.woulld like to no what other owoners of same think.hope to go down to spain in it at end of month. blackie
we took delivery of our new E560 on 1st March love it too bits but one problem it shudders when going into reverse even on on a very slight incline puegot are aware of this problem and are doing there best to fix just hoping Fiat are going to do the same:RollEyes:
Also the table it has a fold up flap the hinges are on top so you always have to have a table cloth on and unable to use it without the flap I did contact swift to tell them I was not happy I requested a swap our could I purchase the smaller table from thier smaller models but request was ignored:Sad:

alnshaz

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
south yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
:thumb:hi springbok.so far we haven't had any troubles reversing ( fingers crossed ),although a lot seem to suffer from the problem.think i read somewhere it was due to the reverse being too "high" a gear.
we too would like to source a smaller table but so far haven't managed to find anything suitable.we just use the small swivel table most the time.
apart from that the motorhomes been faultless.

alan:thumb:

iain4702

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
East Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
E560 Control panel

Have you had any probs. with control panel? Ours should have warning buzzers for low batteries and full and low water tanks but do not work.Van currently returned to garage to investigate.Do your
s work/

Regards Iain:

iain4702

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
East Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Habitation door Stay

ON my new E560 I have no means of securing the door .If I use the flyscreen the open but unseured door gets caught by the wind and potentially damages the screen. Any advice out there. Iain

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
On my E435 there is a little catch that the door locks onto when opened, I have found that it does not hold it shut in windy conditions so I use bugy cord to give it a bit of help.

OP
OP
B

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
Travel lucca mp3 edition

Hi barry ,did you have the above sat nav in your van and did it work in spain or portugal. Blackie

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
hi,

I do hope that your Swift product is better than mine, and I do hope you don't have to get spares for the thing, but if you only use it for a month or so each year you should be ok for a while but if you do as I do, ie live in it for 8 months a year the god help you!!!

Good Luck Doug.

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
Blaupunkt Sat nav

Hi
Used the sat nav extensively in France and Italy
Not sure about Spain and Portugal
Barry

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Good Luck!!

hi,

Congrats Blackie,
Only problem with Swift group is service. They are trying to spell this word then maybe ,if they don't go to the wall, may put it into practice.:ROFLMAO:
I and many friends have decided NEVER to buy there products again due to total disregard for warranty work and deaf ears for help.
Some other friends have there Autocruise brand, which Swift are slowly wrecking to say the least, they to have massive issues and cannot summon help from Swift. Swift closed the Autocruise factory and left owners with no contact details resulting in total panic for warranty work.
I have many customers who are motorhome dealers for Autocruise/Swift etc and they are fed up with NO back up.
Good luck but remember to check that all recall work has been carried out. I purchased my new van in June and am still having recall repairs carried out. Some of this is a recall for the recall. My total now is 7 return visits to the dealer and 17 types of repair. The gearbox issue is still to sort out. The new cab appears to be manufactured with all the scrap parts from oter vehicles.
Wiljoy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My experience of Swift products has been very good. Never had a problem getting parts apart from one summer when the whole of Swift went on holiday and shut up shop (do they still do that?) However my dealer sourced the part in the end. On the whole the motorhomes and the service received from Swift was excellent.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
David

Regards
Kath[/QUOT

Hi Kath,Take charge of a 57 bessacarr e560 next week-end..new to this forum and m/h...van has done 7000...serviced @3000...when should i have the next service?.In the brochure it says "en route and on site blown air central heating".. does this mean i can have the gas heater on in the rear only other owners are saying you cannot...Thanks Dave

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
gas off

Hi
It is dangerous to have your gas bottle switched on en route
There is no way you wud need extra heating to the hab heater anyway, it is so hot!
Barry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi
It is dangerous to have your gas bottle switched on en route
There is no way you wud need extra heating to the hab heater anyway, it is so hot!
Barry

Have to disagree there barry. Our Adria is built to have it on whilst traveling in order to use the heating on route. They come with some clever cut out regulator and can be found on many continental vans. Also, our van an 06 model pre juddergate, is freezing driving just on the normal van air heating when heading deep in to ski terriortary. However we have a clever diesel heater in the van hab as well as the lpg heating system.:thumb:

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
e560

As we were discussing the e560 I meant it was dangerous to have your gas bottle left on on that model

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back