Benidorm Forum (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
Hi How do I join this forum , I have tried clicking on the link but it does not come up
Sorry if Im being a bit thick!!
Looking to coming over in late Jan/Feb 2 of us with a dog.
Thanks
Sue

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The social groups have not been working for a while since the new webpage / forum change.
I know that Jim was working on it to get them re-established.. I can see that 3 groups are now back online, so maybe it's just a case of waiting as they could still be working behind the scenes. ?
Maybe Jim can confirm (y)

There are already a few funsters down in Benidorm and the group is a good way to arrange meet up's, get local info and help..

What link are you clicking ??

OP
OP
Dunworkin
Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
Hi Tonka
Thanks for getting back to me , this was the link that I picked up by doing a search https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/groups/benidorm-snowbirds.9/group
Just trying to find camp sites but have picked up El Racco and La Torelleta from searching on the site.
Just a bit limited with the dog.
Cheers
Sue + Lance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi Tonka
Thanks for getting back to me , this was the link that I picked up by doing a search https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/groups/benidorm-snowbirds.9/group
Just trying to find camp sites but have picked up El Racco and La Torelleta from searching on the site.
Cheers
Sue + Lance
La Torreta is good, we always go there. Best one for walking into town. Villasol is as close, if not closer but you have to walk along a back road with no shops or pubs.. Ann doesn't like it at night.

OP
OP
Dunworkin
Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
Richard and Ann
Thanks for the advice will try La Toretta
Not going out until late Jan but reading the links it looks like it gets pretty busy so thought we would try and book.
Kind Regards
Sue + Lance

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Tonka
Cheers
Sue + Lance

Yes, that link is not working. We are all waiting on a new one as per my reply earlier.
This may help.. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/benidorm-campsite-list.235/

Villasol and Villamar do not accept dogs.
El Raco would be my choice, La Toretta is popular due to location and accepts dogs BUT most space in Benidorm will be limited as it gets busier every year. La Toretta often only has space in what they call "the fridge" :D An area shaded by a the school next door and gets almost no direct sun. Hence cold most of the day.. The lower part of the site can and does flood, only last week it had to be evacuacted...

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes, that link is not working. We are all waiting on a new one as per my reply earlier.
This may help.. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/resources/benidorm-campsite-list.235/

Villasol and Villamar do not accept dogs.
El Raco would be my choice, La Toretta is popular due to location and accepts dogs BUT most space in Benidorm will be limited as it gets busier every year. La Toretta often only has space in what they call "the fridge" :D An area shaded by a the school next door and gets almost no direct sun. Hence cold most of the day.. The lower part of the site can and does flood, only last week it had to be evacuacted...
We feel the big pitches down the bottom are worth the flood risk, it's a bit scary for caravanners though when the towcar's at home. Since 2014 we've had to evacuate 3 times, love a bit of excitement ?. I watch the forecast and we're the first out when it starts pouring into the bottom of the site. Takes an hour to get there after torrential rain ?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We were one step up from the flood plane this year so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
20190528_144634.jpg
20190528_144634.jpg

OP
OP
Dunworkin
Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
Great thanks guys and for the link to the camp sites, looking forward to our first trip to Benni now!!

Regards
Lance and Sue

OP
OP
Dunworkin
Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
All booked with La Torretta, took your advice and asked for a plot higher up and not next to the school, , but they said they could not reserve, But I guess we can always move if one becomes available, we are out 26th Jan so looking forward to some summer sun. Thank you all for your help
Kind Regards
Sue + Lance

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I will find somewhere for you guys to chat, I know how useful it is over winter (y)

OP
OP
Dunworkin
Aug 10, 2018
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 680
Exp
Im a Newbie
Hi Jim
Thanks for that, it is appreciated, Especially as we are newbies, I want to see if my liver can live up to it!!
Kind Regards Sue + Lance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back