LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Quick one. If I plot a route on basecamp, say through the alps and some of the route is weight or size restricted, basecamp wouldn’t know that, but once loaded onto the 770 would it try taking me down the restricted routes or would it reroute the closest to my loaded route avoiding the restrictions? Does that make sense?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Not quite the same, but I have a 760 and use Mapsource all the time, it takes me exactly where I plot the routes regardless of the settings.

I once mistakenly chose a very narrow road out of a French village, and true to form the satnav took me through..:eek: a better look on the map showed the 'correct' route but I didn't notice it.

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Not quite the same, but I have a 760 and use Mapsource all the time, it takes me exactly where I plot the routes regardless of the settings.

I once mistakenly chose a very narrow road out of a French village, and true to form the satnav took me through..:eek: a better look on the map showed the 'correct' route but I didn't notice it.
Is the 760 able to input your Moho dimensions? So basically it will take you on the route loaded into it regardless of any restrictions against the dimensions and weight of your van? If all the camper versions do that, they’re pretty much useless and no different to using my bike 660(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Yes the 760 allows the dimensions, but creating a route in Mapsource seems over rule them, which I prefer.

If 'Truck' is selected in the Mapsource mode of travel you get the results you appear to be looking for.

Left to create its own route the restrictions come into force.

I also have a Zumo 660 for motorcycle use and it's much the same.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
BaseCamp, allegedly, has the ability to set-up truck and RV weights and dimensions however not on the version (Windows 4.6.2) that I'm using!
upload_2019-4-26_18-47-24.png

The access to the "Routing" tab is not the same as shown above and "Truck" and "RV" attributes do not have the fields noted in the instructions!:rolleyes: Maybe that's how you used to do it and it's been dropped at some "upgrade" point or when they stopped developing MapSource around 2010!

As a test I previously tried the following on BaseCamp -
upload_2019-4-26_18-21-55.png

Here's a picture of the bridge under the railway -
upload_2019-4-26_18-23-35.png

When you connect up the sat nav to the computer you can transfer the route to the device however when you try to "run" the route on the sat nav this is what it gives you -
upload_2019-4-26_18-25-36.png

The height limit I've got in the sat nav is 3.60m (OK there's a safety factor built in to that!).
Not tried running a test with weight restrictions but would assume it will do similar.

So, given your options are to accept :eek: or stop (y) you would then not be able to travel the pre-planned route. Your fall-back option is, assuming you have transferred over any waypoints you created in BaseCamp when calculating the route, is to "manually" recreate the route on the sat nav which would, obviously, reroute via appropriate roads. Bit of a faff but at least you'd still have a roof on to keep the rain out!
If you find a way to include weights and dime in BaseCamp I'd be greatly interested.:notworthy2:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My basecamp allows me to use RV profile...

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
My basecamp allows me to use RV profile...
Agreed, but does it allow you to put in weights and dimension detail in the RV profile? Can't seem to do it on my version (on 3 - 4 different pc's).:(

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Agreed, but does it allow you to put in weights and dimension detail in the RV profile? Can't seem to do it on my version (on 3 - 4 different pc's).:(

It’s a while since I set up the profile - and my PC is packed away at mo...

But I’m almost certain it did allow dims and weight - as Moho weight is 4250..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It’s a while since I set up the profile - and my PC is packed away at mo...

But I’m almost certain it did allow dims and weight - as Moho weight is 4250..
Ta
I'd be interested in finding out how it's done so if you get a chance sometime (y)(y)(y)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
I never use Basecanp, much prefer Mapsource, but have in the past played about with it and became quite proficient before I discovered that the later 'Nuvi' units could be adapted for Mapsource..

However the point.. I couldn't find anyway to input dimensions of a vehicle when using RV mode (in Basecamp), that isn't to say it can't be done..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back