Bad reception on new radio put in bessacarr (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
I changed the old style radio for a new one a couple of months ago to get a better station selection here and in France , but it made no difference , still can only get basic stations and in France a few french stations . I am told that the aerial on my ducato is in the mirror n/side and that they are not good ones ,quite a few complaints about them .Has anyone had this problem and can make some suggestions to solve this ,I would appreciate it as I am off to France in three weeks and want to have a descent radio to go with .
Rolling Rog

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
I had to fit a decent amplified aerial in order to get a decent DAB/FM signal. I brought one of these
Had to make a hole in the roof and run an earth lead from the mount to a decent earth point as I have a fibreglass roof. I tried an internal glass mount aerial but it was a bit hit and miss. I know some people have had good results with the internal glass mount aerials but as we have a large over cab I suspect it was blocking the signal.
I have seen a few Ducatos with a wing mount aerial so that is another possibility.

OP
OP
RollingRog
Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Thanks Steve J ,I have an overhead pod also on my E495and I was going to try a windscreen one but if they are hit and miss I will look into your suggestion but I am open to others also ,I was advised to by a booster that apparently is easy to fit and just plugs into the radio ?. I will look at that also ,but the meantime I look at any suggestions,thanks again

Feb 18, 2010
Funster No
I had a problem with reception , after swapping out radios still no joy , there was a cheep Chinese usb that plugs in cigarette lighter plug , took it out for some reason ,no bad reception , put it back in bad reception so threw it away no more bad reception

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back