Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just had message from camping-car Park. That this aire is no longer available. The local council wants to use the area for additional visitor parking.. Being a cynic don't suppose it would anything to do with the municipal site next door having a whinge.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
It could be a whinge but actually the municipal site costs only a little more than the Aire and it’s larger with a greater choice of pitches. Parking in and around the town is poor so I can see why they might want to provide more.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
It could be a whinge but actually the municipal site costs only a little more than the Aire and it’s larger with a greater choice of pitches. Parking in and around the town is poor so I can see why they might want to provide more.
When I was there last October the car parking was extended all alind that frontage with parking for 200cars. However I do agree the municipal site is very nice and not that much dearer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007

I agree but the campsite isn’t open all year. To be honest the aire looked as if it had just been sectioned off from the campsite to earn some money when the campsite was shut,

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-092828.png
    Screenshot_20190424-092828.png
    244 KB · Views: 25

Deleted User
I agree but the campsite isn’t open all year. To be honest the aire looked as if it had just been sectioned off from the campsite to earn some money when the campsite was shut,

I think a large proportion of the 'Camping Car Parks' aires are converted from from either part or the whole of municipal campsites and aires, presumably because the municipality don't want the bother of running and maintaining them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just had message from camping-car Park. That this aire is no longer available. The local council wants to use the area for additional visitor parking.. Being a cynic don't suppose it would anything to do with the municipal site next door having a whinge.
Strange as it is in an area that was part of the municiple site, rememmberit from when we were tuggers.

Stayed there year before last the site was a lot dearer, 2.5 times more expensive is not a little bit more in my book. Current rates Aire €9.10, Site €23.20

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think a large proportion of the 'Camping Car Parks' aires are converted from from either part or the whole of municipal campsites and aires, presumably because the municipality don't want the bother of running and maintaining them.
Exactly for most of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
\fine if they are open all-year
That's the issue really the camping carpark sites offer parking all year around whereas the municipal site here is closed October - April I believe. So town losing a small but useful bit of revenue. From both the aire operators and the visitors ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back