Ayr beach
Ayr beach

Overnight Sleep Spot Ayr beach (1 Viewer)

Blackburn Drive car park with CDP and water allowing overnight sleeping

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This thread is for the general discussion of the item Ayr beach. Please add to the discussion here.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Did you want to include Girvan (harbour car park "aire") in the topic ?
It's part of the same initiative by South Ayrshire Council, and part of the same trial till September.

Two other local (ish) locations are planned to be added if the Ayr / Girvan trial is successful.

Last edited:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm Ayr born & bred, but Girvan is a much better Aire, the testosterone boys like driving their puddlejumpers around the Ayr car park til silly O'clock in the morning..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Girvan is already on the map

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Might be an idea to read some of the comments about Ayr 'aire', we stayed there one night and that was one too many I'm afraid.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I’ve not stayed at Ayr aire and, to be honest, wouldn’t - we’re local, I work 500 yards away so know it well. The beach front car park is frequented by boy racers and car-swappers of a night. We took the van down to have a carry put from Ayr India but felt pretty uncomfortable. Craigie caravan park in Ayr would be a more pleasant experience, or Culzean or Girvan aire.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’ve not stayed at Ayr aire and, to be honest, wouldn’t - we’re local, I work 500 yards away so know it well. The beach front car park is frequented by boy racers and car-swappers of a night. We took the van down to have a carry put from Ayr India but felt pretty uncomfortable. Craigie caravan park in Ayr would be a more pleasant experience, or Culzean or Girvan aire.
We stayed for a few days a couple of times and just parked in one of the dead end streets behind the 'green' for the night, lovely and quiet.

Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7871
Croy shore on the Dunure road ( steps to beach ).
narrowish road down but it’s very quiet with the occasional dog Walker driving down there ( me )

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Staying at Ayr tonight. Now 11pm and although we have had a few 'tits' with loud exhausts it's not bad at all.

Great idea from the council, Black waste containers and fresh water point (not drinking) provided for £5 for 1 overnight but allowed from 9am day1 until 6pm day 2.

Next bays down from the motorhome spot have huge sleeping policeman presumably to spoil the fun of the idiots? Hence why we are at the main entrance exit of the car park area.

My understanding is its a trial scheme this year and council are looking for feedback from all parties.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Croy shore on the Dunure road ( steps to beach ).
narrowish road down but it’s very quiet with the occasional dog Walker driving down there ( me )
Our favourite beach when we were children, and my boys. Friend of dad’s had a caravan park at the bottom of the hill. Some very happy memories.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back