Awning not fully retracting. (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
Hi all. I have recently bought a motorhome and the problem i have is the awning (A Fiamma Zip) won't fully retract, the end opposite to the winder protrudes about 3/4" from the casing but when i try to push it home by hand it seems the resistance is coming from the centre, i have read somewhere that the feet need to be folded a certain way. i fold my so that they are flush with the front panel. is this correct ?. Or do any members know of any other reason why it won't closw, any help would be gratefully received Thanks. Ste.

Nov 6, 2018
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
I’m a newbie
There is sometimes a support roller in the middle that can stop the awning being fully wound in if so you can slide it to one side

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You can check the obvious - that no debris (twigs & leaves etc) has been rolled up in the awning.

I speak from experience! :ROFLMAO: :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Had this problem on or previous van and found that one of the folding arms was not positioned correctly so would not fold back all the way on itself when it was wound in.
I measured where the other arm was located on both the casing on the motorhome and extending front rail of the awning, re-positioned the offending arm to mirror the other side and bingo it all closed up snuggly.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes do as Two on Tour suggests, he is a man of knowledge in all things Motor Homing(y):D
Then if that doesn't work, roll awning out fully, peg down legs with braces, put out table and many chairs, set out many beers and wines (later for the ladies), tell us where you are camped out, and we will all be over to lend a hand:drinks::roflmto:
Les

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Yes do as @Two on Tour suggests, he is a man of knowledge in all things Motor Homing(y):D

Oiy, thanks for that, you might as well put a target on my back at the same time. :moon2:

I'll go with the second part of your statement though. :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back