Avtex TV not saving channels when switched off (2 Viewers)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
For the end of our last trip at Aug bank holiday and for the whole of this Devon trip, the TV will not hold on to the stored channels. When switching on it defaults to audio channels only.
We have found instructions to do the factory reset (press SOURCE and then press buttons 2580 and then select Factory Reset), and this enables us to rescan and get the channels back. However, it will not store them ready to use again in the morning. Tv is 6 years old.

I have searched for Avtex problems but not found a solution apart from returning unit to Avtex.

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I had a problem with my Avtex that would no longer play some of the channels eg ITV3 and also it wouldn’t do a search. I phoned Avtex, he (???) explained the reasons why some channels wouldn’t play and he sent me two software updates to put on a USB memory stick. I followed his instructions and “bingo” all now working as it should.
Five stars for Avtex support.

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks the plan is to check at next site then home day after. I suspect is something like that. Not used TV much since we bought it, firstly lockdown then fault with initial aerial we’ve not had a lot of chance to use it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We bought our first Avtex earlier this year as our old TV had a very narrow viewing angle. If you were sitting slightly out of the viewing angle like I always was (got to keep Mrs happy!) much of the screen would go dark and you'd lose much of the colour detail on the screen. Our new Avtex was brilliant, almost 180 degree viewing angle. Used in conjunction with the directional aerial, a phone app and a compass we've never struggled to find the best angle, and even in places reputedly to have a poor signal there's been no problem, rarely less than 60 channels and where the signal is good 190 -200 is the norm.
When we bought the van (our first) we had considered a Sat Dish but the dealer suggested to try the aerial first then if not satisfied with it to come back. The TV is important to the Mrs and she's happy with it. I wouldn't know where to start with streaming or wi-fi as it's never been necessary. Maybe if we go to France it may be necessary, I've no idea 🤪

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Update of my saga. Well have since tried on 2 different sites and have tuned in to plenty of channels with good picture. So why couldn’t I get any at Tewkesbury when everyone else seemed to be OK. That was with the roof top omnidirectional one and small magnetic one.
so seems everything works OK if there’s a good signal or perhaps it’s just sorted itself out.
quick question please. Which aerial is likely to be better in low reception areas the roof top maxview gazelle omnidirectional one we have or an Avtex portable directional one. Unfortunately we haven’t any space or room in our van to have a directional one with a pole which goes into the cupboard. Thanks again to all of your help

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have an Avtex arial which I find very disappointing compared to their TV’s (on my third so far). I tend to use the Satellite mostly and if too many trees use the Avtex - not good. Amazon Firestick only useful when internet signal is strong.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back