Avtex/Garmin Tourer one sat nav ? (1 Viewer)

Silver1200

Free Member
Aug 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi Guys, Thinking of buying one of these units ! Any views on this satnav ?
We have always had Garmin units and like their operation, I want one specific for motorhomes as
the standard unit we are using is okay in the car but not any good in the motorhome.
Any advice would be helpful ! Best regards Mike..

Appollo51

Free Member
Dec 29, 2018
Porth
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2009
I use a Snooper very pleased with it .lots built in easy to use .they are motorhome and caravan specific. And the latest one you can put your details in and it keeps you clear of the LEZ zones

Upvote 0

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @Silver1200

What has the Avtex got that isn't on the Garmin 770 model which is cheaper on Amazon?

Amazon product ASIN B01N149KS1
I have an earlier 6" version. Does a lot of what it says on the tin but I have come across some very poor routing when not on the main trunk roads and Traffic is not as good as Tomtom's.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Hi @Silver1200

What has the Avtex got that isn't on the Garmin 770 model which is cheaper on Amazon?

Amazon product ASIN B01N149KS1
I have an earlier 6" version. Does a lot of what it says on the tin but I have come across some very poor routing when not on the main trunk roads and Traffic is not as good as Tomtom's.

Doug
We’ve got the Avtex , which I think was cheaper at the time than the Garmin - must have been, I can’t imagine why we’d have bought it otherwise. I don’t think it’s got much(or any) difference in functionality.

We haven’t had as much bizarre/dangerous routing as we did on the TT Camper one we had before, although it has come up with some odd routes, and I agree with Doug that the Traffic function is not as good as on the TT.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back