LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’re with Avro - £140 in credit - what happens now ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm with them as well.
Only did meter readings yesterday and still have the pictures saved.

Guess just have to wait on new supplier to be announced and get in touch then shop around for a new deal..

I've been busy watching Bulb as a few of the family with them.

On a plus note someone gave me this FREE today for my woodburner. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_142434.jpg
    IMG_20210922_142434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Wow we were just in the process of transferring to them. Looks like we’ve dodged a bullet.
We have too, only 2 day's ago, made an account but just checked and it is no longer available.

I've just actually set up a two year fix with my existing supplier, EON, so I'll have to keep an eye on everything and see what happens

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
We’re with Avro - £140 in credit - what happens now ?
Wait till ofgem contract someone else
to supply you!
(probably one of the big six to supply you )

copy (screengrab)your previous bills
Save them and keep reading your meters
and photo your meters (evidence)

you can change company at a later date
when this lot settles

you won’t loose supply as I understand it

all gas and electric comes up the same pipes and cables
to your house

as an aside I had an email to read my meters today
and submit readings

:wink:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the number of people saying theyve had emails for a meter reading me included makes me think they are all trying to get money in before they crash

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just logged on to Avro and all details blank. Luckily I made a note of my credit with them yesterday but that looks a bit dubious!

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
the number of people saying theyve had emails for a meter reading me included makes me think they are all trying to get money in before they crash
its The time I have supply reading
gone to my Avro account all gone
just a line saying
sorry an unexpected error has occured
keep trying and underlaying account flashes up then unexpected error,.

suppose all employees have left the building turning systems off as you would expect

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Someone has to take over these failed companies, they can just leave folks with no power.
Maybe those accounts with smart meters could be cut off but what of those with dumb meters.....theyre still connected to the national grid regardless.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We are with Green who have also just gone bust, we have a large credit balance with them at the moment as they hiked our direct debit payments earlier in the year, which I got them to half again but they have not taken account of the fact that we had solar installed 2 months ago and have still billed us for normal usage, when in fact our meter has gone backwards. We literally started a switch away from them 2 days ago, so I hope this doesn't affect our credit balance with them 🤞

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Thats a shame. I've been with Avro for about 3 years. Good service and as cheap as anyone. Currently about £80 in credit. It was clearly going to go bust, along with dozens of others. I took photos of my meter readings this morning, and downloaded my latest statement from the website in readiness. I still expect the move to another provider to be messy and costly, but hoping I'm proved wrong.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Dont think so.. Bills are generated towards the end of each month and i have been getting reading requests every month for a long time.
Most months I do it but now and again i have missed them. Always seem to work okay and the website was pretty easy for access to accounts, statements etc.. Obviously all gone down now... Wish i had printed a statement yesterday when i put in my meter readings.. :(

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
We're with Green also gone bust today & £700 in credit! I've just pictured the meters :)

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I’m with Octopus so my fingers and toes are crossed.

God, this country is going down hill fast and being one of the richest on this planet.

Why……. Greed.
Calm down dear! :rolleyes: These blips happen, and it's not just this Country the Continent is having the same blip with Gas prices and the linked issue with CO2 shortage.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
We're also AVRO customers. They have kept our business for quite a few years as their offering was attractive.
Luckily SWEMBO takes care of that particular matter and is as sharp as tacks when it comes to these things.
Can't say we are too worried yet as of course supply carries on and we are told our in-credit balance is protected (🤞).
Guess the shock will be when we are farmed out to a profit hungry, foreign owned firm with 1 star customer service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back