Autosleeper Broadway water pump dead. (1 Viewer)

CannySteve

Free Member
May 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
I have a 2017 autosleeper Broadway EKTBLP. Just filled the water tank up as it's been drained for the winter and it's completely dead, not a sound from the pump, it's not filling the hot water tank or working when I switch a tap on. Also the toilet isn't flushing. Checked fuses and found fuse 4 (water pump) blown, thought I'd solved it, put a new fuse in but still dead although the new fuse hasn't blown. Water pump indicator light on the display is lit up so pump should be on. It was working fine before draining for the winter. Is my pump broken? I understand that the pump may be situated inside the fresh water tank. Any ideas please ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the pump has probably seized up. taking it out and manually turning the motor a few times can often get it working temporarily. But in the long term will need replacing

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CannySteve

Free Member
May 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
the pump has probably seized up. taking it out and manually turning the motor a few times can often get it working temporarily. But in the long term will need replacing
Thanks for that, also forgot to mention that the water level indicator isn't working properly either, had a problem last year and added a delivery scaler to the water tank which cured the problem but it's back again. I live in Louth which is a hard water area, could limescale be the problem with both pump and sender unit ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CannySteve

Free Member
May 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Th
Thanks for that, also forgot to mention that the water level indicator isn't working properly either, had a problem last year and added a delivery scaler to the water tank which cured the problem but it's back again. I live in Louth which is a hard water area, could limescale be the problem with both pump and sender unit

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Have a look on the AutoSleeper forum - you can leave the centrifugal pump in the tank and fit an external SureFlow pump where the pressure switch is and no longer required!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CannySteve

Free Member
May 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Thanks for that, also forgot to mention that the water level indicator isn't working properly either, had a problem last year and added a delivery scaler to the water tank which cured the problem but it's back again. I live in Louth which is a hard water area, could limescale be the problem with both pump and sender unit ?
Should read de scaler... Predictive text!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CannySteve

Free Member
May 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Have a look on the AutoSleeper forum - you can leave the centrifugal pump in the tank and fit an external SureFlow pump where the pressure switch is and no longer required!
Thanks, I looked at joining the Auto sleeper forum but when I tried to register it said administrator not accepting new members !!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes the tank gauge is just a set of brass rods that get shorted by the water level. Terrible system that rarely works well and prone to scaling. Submersible pumps fur up with limescale to and blocks the impellers

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Think you should be able to have a look through the AutoSleeper postings https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/
I had a Nuevo which had the pump sieze on it, you may have to drop the fresh water tank if it doesn't have an inspection hatch fitted! That is why I fitted the external ShureFlow!

Upvote 0
Solution
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
If it's a submersible pump they can leak, rust and seize. If the motor isn't turning the current will rise when turned on and blow the fuse.
2017-04-03 Loo flush pump 001.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
If like many Autosleepers, the toilet pump is separate to the main pump so unless you have two failed pumps it is more likely a power supply issue to the pumps.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
We have a 2013 Broadway and the freshwater tank has a screw on cap on the bottom for accessing the pump, you may need to make yourself a simple tool to undo the cap if it’s particularly tight and avoid breaking the fins off the cap.
The pump just lays on the bottom of the tank, once you’ve got the cap off try turning the impeller with a small screwdriver, it may start working again.
I left the old pump in place and fitted a Shurflo diaphragm pump inside the van, much better !

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2000
Our 2015 Broadway had a fresh water tank with the submersible pump as discussed above. We changed it for an onboard Shuflo that worked much better.
The toilet flush is separate from the fresh water system with its own header tank and pump. You need to fill this separately - the inlet as far as I can recall was above the cassette compartment. If both tanks filled and neither fresh water or toilet system working they are probably two separate issues.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back