Autoquest Whale Blow Air and water heater - Are they up to the job really? (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
sorry, me again. Looked at a 155 at our local Elddis dealer and really liked the use space which means it is a fair bit shorter than 255 so would suit our daily off site travels and also a chunk of money cheaper even with some useful dealer fit extras (No not Marquis - these people get decent reviews.)

I have one nagging doubt about the water heater and blow air heating.

At only 8 litres, is there going to be enough hot water for my wife to have a decent shower including washing hair and shaving legs etc and Can't help noticing no blow air output any where near front of Moho (really think they should have routed one through wardrobe so at least one vent in doorway.)

It would be nice to have option to use in colder weather or should we just go for 255 with the Alde heating and put up with extra 400 mm (16 inches) and £6k ouch?

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Another vote for Alde being far better than any other but even the Alde system will not give showers like at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
@old-mo has a nearly new 155, maybe he can offer an opinion ?

We have a 195 with the whale system which is fine, but a different layout that includes heating ducts up front so can't comment.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We had a kemerton pvc with whale heating, I found it very noisy and not very effective to be honest. Much noisier than truma hot water side was ok but can't remember the size of boiler.

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure our 155 has the 13 Ltr boiler
We tour all year round and have never felt cold or chilly however we do use silver screens
Can't comment on enough water to shower as we only wash in the van and shower in the sites facilities
reasons to we didnt go for the 255 was
Price and the darker wood interior we were also told the alde heating system takes longer to get to temperature and weighs (this was explained by alde at nec)more thus eating into the Payload as they're both rated to 3500
Just didn't seam worth it tbh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MajesticSimon'185

Free Member
Mar 4, 2018
Funster No
Whale in our elddis 185 too. Not really impressed. Tend to just use a 2000kw heater on a timer plugged into the 240v. Provides as much heat and quieter.
Hot water heater seems good tho.

Pi#s poor insulation and numerous 3 inch gas holes in the floor dont help and provide a constant cold breeze.
Under my fixed single is a plastic wheel arch with no insulation on it at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back