Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We've just returned from a 500 mile round trip to Thirsk for Autogas 2000 to fit two Alugas bottles into our campervan. What a great job! Very professional installation, very neat and works a treat. Even the coffee they offered was drinkable :) I would highly recommend them!

On another subject, how pleasant it was to drive on half empty roads from the A1M north, not at all like the M25, M20 or M2 and so much space up there. You almost felt lonely :). Even went both ways at the Dartford crossing with no drama.

We will definitely do a longer return trip when we have more time, as we even recognised town/city names from Countryfile! This has been said with my tougue firmly in my cheek :D , though we do plan on a future visit.

Mick

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Another happy customer of Autogas 2000. We found them excellent and happily refer them to anyone seeking refillable LPG tanks/bottles.
And yes, life in the North is brilliant.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Autogas 2000 fitted my underslung tank and did a great job. They even ran us to the train station and picked us up after a day out in York.
Shush about up here in the North. We don’t want all the southern shandy swillers coming up and making it as crowded as down there.:D.

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
We've just returned from a 500 mile round trip to Thirsk for Autogas 2000 to fit two Alugas bottles into our campervan. What a great job! Very professional installation, very neat and works a treat. Even the coffee they offered was drinkable :) I would highly recommend them!

On another subject, how pleasant it was to drive on half empty roads from the A1M north, not at all like the M25, M20 or M2 and so much space up there. You almost felt lonely :). Even went both ways at the Dartford crossing with no drama.

We will definitely do a longer return trip when we have more time, as we even recognised town/city names from Countryfile! This has been said with my tougue firmly in my cheek :D , though we do plan on a future visit.

Mick
Did tha get tha's passport stamped ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
How much should we expect to pay for two refillable bottles, say an 11 and a 6 fitted by autogas 2000, would be nice to have an idea before I contact them, thanks

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We called in a couple of years ago to price up two 11kg bottles and the bits to fit it myself to replace our single 11kg Gaslow. They worked out the price which I agreed to and then they fitted it all there and then for free.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
@bubble-we paid about £382 for a 14kg tank. The price included all fittings and three adaptors for almost everywhere in Europe. Oh yeah and a free night on hookup at Autogas's yard with a lovely pub 100 yards down the road. They took us into to Thirsk whilst they did the work and before we'd finished a cheese toast i.e. and coffee, they rang to say it was completed and we were then given a run through how to fill up and got a tankful included in the price.

bubble

Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
Sounds great, think we might be visiting Thirsk. Thanks for your reply’s

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
@bubble Just a bit of additional information that may or may not be important to you.
We did consider adding a further Gaslow cylinder, to give us two 11kgs but I worked out the weight difference and was surprised to discover it was 2 stones or nearly 13kgs heavier for a Gaslow system.
Gaslow claimed weight in the ads is lighter than what they actually are or even what it says on the bottle. I weighed ours new and empty.
Very happy with our twin 11kg Alugas, they don’t do a 6kg Alugas cylinder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I used Autogas when they first opened and have had the pleasure of returning many times. Fantastic service from reliable professional's. It's a great shame we have lost most of these small companies. Unfortunately most companies proclaim to offer customer service but they can't even spell it.

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
How much should we expect to pay for two refillable bottles, say an 11 and a 6 fitted by autogas 2000, would be nice to have an idea before I contact them, thanks

We had two Alugas bottles fitted which are really light, i.e. can be lifted easily one in each hand. Cost was just short of £700 but as said, included over night stay with ehu if needed.

with a lovely pub 100 yards down the road.

Not on a Sunday evening sadly, we were expecting a nice pub diner which was not to be :(.

Mick

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Solo woman here ... and another one praising Autogas. They really looked after me and I felt so safe overnight in their parking area. Can't praise them enough.

Deleted User

Mick
If you think that the A1 is a quiet road then I would hate to be driving aroung the M25, M20 etc. You should try a trip to the Scottish Highlands, at times you will feel as if you are the only person on the road.
With regard Autogas 2000, I also found them to be an excellent company to deal with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back