Austrian GO box - re-registered MH. (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Does anyone have experience of the GO box system when one has the same MH, but since last visit registration has changed, in our case from UK to Poland.

I tried to look on their website but could find no information.

Do they just change their records and transfer my credit over, or do I have to cancel the old registration, claim back my credit and start again with new GO box etc.?

I would just like to know the proper procedure when I get to the border in case I encounter someone who does not know and makes it up as he/she goes along.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd presume that a change of number plate is a fairly rare event.
They would treat is as a transfer of the GoBox from one vehicle to another.

I don't know if you are permitted to transfer a GoBox from one vehicle to another, but those are the rules I'd suggest you look up.

Perhaps look at German sites, as their must be companies with vans/lorries in southern Germany that go into Austria on a regular basis.
Do they have one GoBox that they share across the fleet and fit to whichever van is doing the Austria job today, or do they have to fit a GoBox to a single van, and that then becomes the dedicated 'Austria Van'

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Does anyone have experience of the GO box system when one has the same MH, but since last visit registration has changed, in our case from UK to Poland.

I tried to look on their website but could find no information.

Do they just change their records and transfer my credit over, or do I have to cancel the old registration, claim back my credit and start again with new GO box etc.?

I would just like to know the proper procedure when I get to the border in case I encounter someone who does not know and makes it up as he/she goes along.
Hi Geoff. Yes, David has done exactly this with our van - registration changed from UK to Slovenia. I will get him to post later just how he did it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
I transferred from one vehicle to another in June, and it was all pretty easy. It has to be done at a Go outlet though - you cannot do it online. My credit remained on the box and could then be used on the new vehicle. I would think a change of registration is treated in exactly the same way. They have no way of knowing if the new number relates to the same vehicle or a different one, so they would just treat it as a different vehicle. I emailed ASFiNAG about this before I did it, and the body of their email reply is as follows;

thank you for your inquiry.

The following data is stored directly on the GO-Box and can therefore only be changed at a GO point of sale

• Licence plate number
  • EURO-Emission class
  • Vehilce nationality
  • Type of contract (Post-Pay/Pre-Pay)
  • Number of axles
Present the GO-Box and the new registration certificate at the GO point of sale.

Important information in connection with the EURO emission class:
The proof always refers to the vehicle license plate. If the emission class of your vehicle is Euro 6, you must prove it again when you change the license plate.

To do this, send the following documents in advance or within 28 days of the change of the license plate to euroclass@asfinag.at.

• A copy of he registration document
  • if the emission class is not registered, send additionally a copy of the CEMT- or COP-document.
Best regards

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
This is what the Austrian Authorities told me after I advised them that my vehicle details all remained the same except for change of registration number and country of registration:-

"The registration number, EURO emission category, vehicle nationality, contract type (prepay or postpay) and the number of axles are saved on the GO-Box device.

To change these data, please present your GO-Box and vehicle registration certificate at a GO point of sale before you next use Austrian highways or expressways.

Unfortunately, we cannot update these data remotely via our service center."

This I did without any problems just before we entered Austria enroute from Slovenia into Germany. You may be required subsequently to email them proof of emissions EURO number but that may not apply to nicholsong because of the vehicle's age?

Hope you find this useful.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Had exactly this when I changed to a personalised numberplate.
Initially forgot and had a €240 bill.

A polite letter saying how much I Iike Austria, and showing copies of change, and they dropped the bill.
Next trip to the German service station Go Box counter and chap had message from ASFINAG about it and updated the system.
All well now (in fact I needed an updated box at no extra cost).

They are human and If you follow the system it is relatively straightforward.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back