LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Enjoy!

But too complicated for us - we just go, never bother booking. Have always found somewhere. Our only reason to book is if we need to be in a particular place at a particular time.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Hope you have a wonderful time but can't imagine ever booking anywhere. We set off in whichever direction takes our fancy, secure in the knowledge that we are completely self-contained so can stop overnight wherever we happen to be.

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Enjoy!

But too complicated for us - we just go, never bother booking. Have always found somewhere. Our only reason to book is if we need to be in a particular place at a particular time.

Hope you have a wonderful time but can't imagine ever booking anywhere. We set off in whichever direction takes our fancy, secure in the knowledge that we are completely self-contained so can stop overnight wherever we happen to be.
One day we will just go
The booking thing comes from when we were tenters I suppose
Or its because that's where we want to be as we only have a certain amount of time off

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
One day we will just go
Or its because that's where we want to be as we only have a certain amount of time off

We are being big and brave on our trip to France by only booking a part of the trip (because we especially wanted to stay there), the rest will be in the hands of the gods!

If you have somewhere that you particularly want to stay, then why not book it and remove the risk that everyone else had the same idea! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You did well to get into Baltic Wharf, it's usually fully booked as soon as the new seasons bookings are opened.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Make sure you have all you need in Tewkesbury before about 5 at night.
As after that time it closes and the tumble weed blows down the High St :D

Good chip shop down by the Old Flour Mill (Healings Mill) think its called The Dolphin (y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
One day we will just go
I fully understand that and did exactly the same when having limited holidays and catering for the kids.

Now that I'm retired and the kids are no longer a consideration, the world is my oyster...... and I still book ahead :rofl:

I just can't seem to break the habit ! :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We are being big and brave on our trip to France by only booking a part of the trip (because we especially wanted to stay there), the rest will be in the hands of the gods!

If you have somewhere that you particularly want to stay, then why not book it and remove the risk that everyone else had the same idea! (y)
Forgot to say in my post above that we only use the aires and they can't be booked anyway. If we are in the UK we still don't book but sometimes phone ahead to a C&CC CS if it is getting late.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We only book in the UK. Never both when we go to France.

If we had a long holiday in UK we'd look for C&CC THS's as they are cheaper than sites and no need to book. We're self contained so only need water & dump.

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back