Attack of the Crusty Green Slime....

David M Franks

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 165
I'm slowly de-wintering Marge, and noticed some green algae-like gunk on a few of the exposed plastic parts. But on getting a ladder and looking at the roof it was absolutely festooned with green crud.

Admittedly it's only cosmetic. A broom and soap should shift it, but it's well crusted on. But my neighbour (who has a big caravan) says he has to do this every year. Are there any wily old members here who have solution? I was tempted to put a glug of weedkiller in the soapy water, but don't want to affect the local wildlife....

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Best to play safe and just use a good brand of Motorhome cleaner. I’m not sure about using weed killer in case it damages your plastic windows as it runs off the roof and down the sides of your van.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hadn't cleaned our mh for a couple of years (yeh, I know but for various reasons!) and used Fenwicks Motorhome Cleaner. Worked well but because of the volume of crud took hours!(y)
Must remember to do it more often!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Two or three coats of proper wax should make it easier to remove, not the rubbish you wash and wax with
It's only algae, bet you live near trees.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back