At Gravelines- thanks to @chaser (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Our last night, after almost 7 weeks in France.
We've had a brilliant time and the weather has been great.
Had the dog wormed, this morning , then having read chaser 's high praises, we thought we'd give Gravelines a try.
Well chaser , we're highly impressed, and it's even better that the pay machine is out of order 🙂.
Had a great walk on the beach this afternoon. Now sitting watching the sun set.
20211019_160240.jpg
20211019_182937.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
we're highly impressed, and it's even better that the pay machine is out of order
Most of the Aires we stopped at on the way down a couple of weeks ago were like that. I think they did it due to Covid last year,, unfortunately they turned the water off as well.

You can get a nice meal at the hotel in the square it's only a hotel chain but good.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Gravelines is one of our favourites. L’eclusier is a very good restaurant and not bad price wise. Great view along the water from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
chaser is on Gravelines tourists board books for back handers for recommending it…😆🤣
Who's going to start the unfounded rumour (invented by me just now) that Camping Car Parks are taking over all the aires and the bourne at Gravelines?
I like staying at Gravelines (but preferred Cité Europe for buying half a dozen bottles of beer and a couple of glasses at Terre de Boissons. And I don't mind CCP aires. Perhaps CCP should open up at Cité Europe? And there's another unfounded rumour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Lord Squid

Free Member
Dec 28, 2016
The West Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleepers panel van
Exp
since 2017
Who's going to start the unfounded rumour (invented by me just now) that Camping Car Parks are taking over all the aires and the bourne at Gravelines? @chaser would not be pleased at all.
I like staying at Gravelines but preferred Cité Europe for the buying of half a dozen bottles of beer and a couple of glasses at Terre de Boissons. And I don't mind CCP aires. Perhaps CCP should open up at Cité Europe? And there's another unfounded rumour.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
chaser is on Gravelines tourists board books for back handers for recommending it…😆🤣
If anyone is interested in Christmas markets, and also thinking of getting a taster of France and Aires, you won't go far wrong getting a five day discounted tunnel crossing, and visiting gravelines, it's the best market we have been to, it fills the whole square and the surrounding streets, it's brilliant , like a real old fashioned market.
I think it starts on the thirteenth of Dec but can't be sure about the actual date but I can easily find out if anyone is interested.
This was about 4 years ago
WP_20141215_002.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back