AS Air Suspension (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We had rear air assist fitted on our Alko rear end and then went back for HPC jacks,
all round, very impressed by the service, really good people to deal with. We live much closer to other supplier/fitters of such things but felt the product was better with AS. Highly recommend them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Paul

Where did you have it fitted. was it the full kit including compressor.

OP
OP
Paul1958

Paul1958

Free Member
Feb 25, 2018
Tavira, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Paul

Where did you have it fitted. was it the full kit including compressor.
Yes AS Air suspension , Warrington. Full kit including compressor. Gauges and switches by steering wheel and compressor in space in double floor. Paid about £877 total. Had it fitted originally to increase rear axle weight, but very impressed with it. Don't really feel overtaking lorries on the motorway now and much nicer cornering now. Got some nice new winter tyres from P and B tyres in Oswestry as well. Had to increase tyre load index for weight increase as well.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Paul

That's a very competitive price, I assumes it's plus vat. I've been quoted £1150 gross in Norfolk, I believe its VB equipment, who is the manufacture of the kit you've just had fitted.
thanks

OP
OP
Paul1958

Paul1958

Free Member
Feb 25, 2018
Tavira, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Carthago
It was the total price fitted, including everything and VAT. Sorry I haven't a clue who made it, I am not technically inclined. I just found lots of reviews saying AS Air suspension are great. So I went there. Give them a ring in the new year and ask them, they are lovely people, a pleasure to deal with. Some places will fit it for £500 ish but not with a compressor. I have Fiat LEAF SPRINGS. Maybe you have an ALKO chassis, Air Assist for Alko chassis are a lot more expensive, I think.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Thanks Paul

I will give AS a call in Jan. poetically £300 saving worth a trip up north.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Paul

That's a very competitive price, I assumes it's plus vat. I've been quoted £1150 gross in Norfolk, I believe its VB equipment, who is the manufacture of the kit you've just had fitted.
thanks
I don't think it would be VB equipment ... We have had AS fit rear air assist to three of our motorhomes and also HPC hydraulic jacks to our current moho.
All these products are supplied from AS Air Suspension factory in the Netherlands which we visited for some work to be carried out on the jacks while we were over there.
In our experience both AS in Warrington (Phil & Cathy) and the Dutch factory provide great products and service and are brilliant folk to do business with.
If we change our motorhome we shall have AS fit the same kit again.:xThumb:

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Just to add my name to the list of happy AS customers.

Phil fitted air assist suspension on my old Swift coachbuilt a few years ago and hid a the compressor in the back of a cupboard. Even fitted the gauges and switches in the rear lounge area for me (an unusual request apparently).

Their attention to detail and quality workmanship saw me head straight back to them when I got another van earlier this year.

This time they fitted a HPC hydraulic levelling system on my PVC and while there they also fitted a compressor, switches and gauges (in the dashboard this time) to the oem-fitted AlKo air assist. They also removed the original alko gauges from the passenger footwell too.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend again (y)

The only downside? They're that good, that their books are often fully booked three-to-six months in advance :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back