Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I took out a membership subscription for the magazine almost a year ago. Since then, about once a month, when I think about it, like i did this morning, I try to get on the forum. My Passwords never work, and to get a response from an email for a new password normally takes a week or more, by which time I have lost interest. When I do think about getting on the forum again, the whole process repeats itself. The system they use seems to be steam driven and they have run out of coal.

So what happens on the ARVE forum? Am I missing some good stuff? I think getting on is academic anyway because I think I am right in saying that you can only access the forum if you subscribe to the mag, is that right? If it is I certainly will not be renewing that rag, Sian has quite a few recipe books I don't need any more!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I took out a membership subscription for the magazine almost a year ago. Since then, about once a month, when I think about it, like i did this morning, I try to get on the forum. My Passwords never work, and to get a response from an email for a new password normally takes a week or more, by which time I have lost interest. When I do think about getting on the forum again, the whole process repeats itself. The system they use seems to be steam driven and they have run out of coal.

So what happens on the ARVE forum? Am I missing some good stuff? I think getting on is academic anyway because I think I am right in saying that you can only access the forum if you subscribe to the mag, is that right? If it is I certainly will not be renewing that rag, Sian has quite a few recipe books I don't need any more!

No it's as usual very quiet:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It was always a fairly quiet forum, I used to contribute before it went to subscription only.. sorry ARVE, but I'm not paying ÂŁ30 a year just to be able to post. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It was always a fairly quiet forum, I used to contribute before it went to subscription only.. sorry ARVE, but I'm not paying ÂŁ30 a year just to be able to post. :RollEyes:

No Jim, you are paying the ÂŁ30 for some excellent RVers Recipes:roflmto: Being able to post is just a bonus.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim the forum software is not the best, and Andy did have thoughts when he took it over about 2 years ago of changing it to another, but I think the amount of work involved put him off.

Its now ÂŁ36 per year, will I renew? probably, there are some good bits in the mag. apart from the recipes. ::bigsmile: John is right the forum is very quiet, just had a look and there have been 2732 posts from the 10-12-2005

Olley

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Biggist waste of money I have ever seen.

I joined when we bought the RV then I saw the prices they were charging in their catalougue for spare & bits, & you have to BUY it :Eeek:

That gave me the best laugh of all......:ROFLMAO:.....:ROFLMAO:.....:ROFLMAO:

Forum..........waste of time

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
I used to subsribe but this year decided it wasn't worth the money the forum is also useless not enough action and not informative enough if i had a problem i could have it sorted before i got an answer from the forum
also ABP are not very quick at returning calls when i leave a message on answer phone

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
also ABP are not very quick at returning calls when i leave a message on answer phone
You were lucky Tony, we left a message on their ansafone and since then we have owned Rocky for 2+ years, got everything we needed from someone on this forum and sold it....... Maybe they had a lot of messages ???????????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This forum is the only MH one we use and it is beginning to become the very best that is on offer anywhere on the net..eep it up Jim and don't waste your time using other sites, just devote more of your time to this one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Keith,

Your avatar is close, but don't you want this one instead?

Link Removed

Sheriff Woody

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for that Bryan...... As you can see I've "nicked" it and I have to say that I really like it, although I am uncertain of the "cowboy" connotation :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks again matey....

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
They seem to have blinding meets though as long as your RV is over ÂŁ100K:roflmto:looking at the pictures:winky:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Someone told me, I cant remember who, that they have a sort of parking (pecking) order, and at shows and Rallies the rows of motorhomes are parked up almost in price order. Is this true, we must have a few rallying ARVE members here.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I know my place then:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
we attended one of their meets this year with the 5th wheel, we did feel a bit self-conscious because our unit is not as "posh" as the others, we parked up with two other 5ers and a very nice RV, we could not have been made more welcome (maybe they felt sorry for us!!) That week was one of the best this year, a combination of good company, good weather and good music, we also talked and drank A LOT, then re-surfaced in time for lunch!!! Would we attend this meet next year? if we are in this country and still breathing------- YESSSSS.
We have met some members from this forum and we feel that we would quite possibly have enjoued their company just as much, hope to prove that before too long!!!!.
Nigel & Pamala

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi
we attended one of their meets this year with the 5th wheel, we did feel a bit self-conscious because our unit is not as "posh" as the others, we parked up with two other 5ers and a very nice RV, we could not have been made more welcome (maybe they felt sorry for us!!) That week was one of the best this year, a combination of good company, good weather and good music, we also talked and drank A LOT, then re-surfaced in time for lunch!!! Would we attend this meet next year? if we are in this country and still breathing------- YESSSSS.
We have met some members from this forum and we feel that we would quite possibly have enjoued their company just as much, hope to prove that before too long!!!!.
Nigel & Pamala

I've meet you and viewed your magnificent 5th wheeler:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi John
If you had some beer/wine you would have been made very welcome at the ARVE meet that we attended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When we met you and some of the other members from "the fun forum" we did not seem to sit and chill much, but we did enjoy the bar-b and meeting loads of great people with the same interest, (that was our first trip out with the 5er)
Hope to meet up again soon
Nigel & Pamala

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John
If you had some beer/wine you would have been made very welcome at the ARVE meet that we attended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When we met you and some of the other members from "the fun forum" we did not seem to sit and chill much, but we did enjoy the bar-b and meeting loads of great people with the same interest, (that was our first trip out with the 5er)
Hope to meet up again soon
Nigel & Pamala

Link Removed

That was a facts meet at Peterborough and a rally (large) although the do do meets which ave a different feel to them.

I have just done the Fun Wales meet and not only did we have a drink together daily but we even had a curry evening on the Friday night which was even at one of our members campsites (see my signature)

I also did the Grand opening of Fun and we have our own marquee that was used continuously for drinking eating and talking (all in all FUN:winky:)

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi John
what we can't work out, is, how did all you people sneak of to form a new forum and we had no idea?? Was it to do with that little "akwardness" elswere??? or are we just blind/thick??
Sorry, I have gone off topic. This thread started out about ARVE. The first meet we attended of theirs was billing American Car Club meet, we were not allowed on "their" field (although it was no more than half full) because although we are paid up members, we had a Land Rover and roof tent, this was not acceptable amongst the RVs. We were put outside "their" area, and finished up next to two 5th wheels!! It's funny when we look back, that we should finish up with a 5er and very good friends with with 5th wheels!!
We wonder if a tent would be allowed in amongst a Fun meet???
Looking forward to seeing you again Nigel & Pamala!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Nigel no one has sneaked anywhere:winky:

Had a folding trailer tent on the grand opening meet at Bosworth and it was parked up right in the middle of us all next to the marquee:winky:

D

dave.c

Deleted User
Do the arvm magazine do a free trial to see what its like. Is the magazine worth subscribing to as we are thinking of buying our first american motorhome, how often does it come out and is it full of news and information or just adverts ?

Where can I find the forum for ARVM please

thank you all. Dave

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Dave I think I am right in saying that you need to be a subscriber to get on the forum. I am told the forum is pretty quiet, I registered but never got round to looking in as I kept getting password problems. I have not renewed the magazine this year, it has the odd interesting article, but to be honest I read enough about motorhomes, and RVer recipes leave me cold:Smile: They do seem to have quite a healthy rally calendar and are to be seen at all the shows and other events.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nigel no one has sneaked anywhere:winky:

Had a folding trailer tent on the grand opening meet at Bosworth and it was parked up right in the middle of us all next to the marquee:winky:

That would be The Poor Relations ....Yes?:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Dave the mag is not a great read but their are interesting bits in it, this month theirs a report on the Peterborough show, Springtime at Carvynick by our own Moandick, a report on the first RV, stateside jottings a regular feature about the USA, Canadian Highlights from a couple who are touring over there, a piece on the operation and maintenance of Atwood water heaters, (most months theirs a run through of a different item), spannerman answers your questions.

Plus show and rally news, with a complete listing of all the groups appearing at Americana. It also has a stack of adverts with most if not all of the RV dealers/converters/mechanics in it somewhere.

As Jim said the rally side is quite busy with 3 in May and 2 in June, I suppose you could liken it to your local parish magazine.::bigsmile:

If I remember I will bring a copy to Stratford if you or anybody else fancies a look

Olley

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Your Right Jim
You don't have to subscribe to the mag to get on the forum ...... for what good it is
and their meets are as much fun as a dose of MUMPS :roflmto:
Been on 3 meets with them only 1 was halfway good

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The forum becomes alight when Les of Ridgeset and Paul UKRV discuss the DVLA and the RVDA otherwise very quiet.

The magazine is really all ads from a bunch of main dealers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back