Are our bumbling about days over (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
On our 2 nd trip this year, heading to Croatia to get out of the Schengen zone, instead of bumbling along through villages we are rushing and driving over 250 miles a day so we have enough of our 90 days left for a ski trip, this is not so pleasurable. Definitely applying for a visa in the very near future x

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
On our 2 nd trip this year, heading to Croatia to get out of the Schengen zone, instead of bumbling along through villages we are rushing and driving over 250 miles a day so we have enough of our 90 days left for a ski trip, this is not so pleasurable. Definitely applying for a visa in the very near future x
Is there a visa available that you are aware offšŸ¤”?

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Find an Irish granny.
There must be some spare!
My Grandad was Irish, but his mom flew to family in Birmingham in time for his birth, very disappointed ā˜¹ļø my dog has a better passport than me , Cypriot and doesnā€™t get stamped. I had to laugh at the French custom man at Eurotunnel on Monday, he kept saying stamp stamp stamp, with actions

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I thought you were moving to France Lynne, won't you get a residency card and solve the problem?

We only go for 6 or 7 weeks and never have a problem bumbling along, sometimes have to drive back quick as we often hang on if the weather's good.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Sounds like work to me šŸ˜€enjoy stay safe .

Deleted User
There aren't any visas for holidays
I beg to differ, I will be applying for the below next year. Having gone through the French consulate government visa wizard it certainly appears possible. The question I would have to them is if I was to use up the Schengen allowance on my initial trip (2022) and then apply for a tourist visa given I will be out of Schengen days for the second trip. Sounds possible, but the address to be staying at could be an issue if motorhoming without reservations on sites (proof of where I will be staying), I will see what they say (And post the result on a thread either way).

May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
I beg to differ, I will be applying for the below next year. Having gone through the French consulate government visa wizard it certainly appears possible. The question I would have to them is if I was to use up the Schengen allowance on my initial trip (2022) and then apply for a tourist visa given I will be out of Schengen days for the second trip. Sounds possible, but the address to be staying at could be an issue if motorhoming without reservations on sites (proof of where I will be staying), I will see what they say (And post the result on a thread either way).

I hope you are right but I'll stick to my original statement, in the EU there are no visas available for holidays.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I hope you are right but I'll stick to my original statement, in the EU there are no visas available for holidays.
It seems not . Extended stay with accommodation booked for this period . To work or just for cultural exchange . Aussie friends did for 1 year . Rented property and young child enrolled at local school .

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I thought you were moving to France Lynne, won't you get a residency card and solve the problem?

We only go for 6 or 7 weeks and never have a problem bumbling along, sometimes have to drive back quick as we often hang on if the weather's good.
We are going to whichever country is easiest to get a visa, we love France but I do love the sunshine ā˜€ļø. We are taking a year out whilst we make our decision. Just arrived in Austria, itā€™s breathtaking x

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
we are happy to take full residency as well if need be

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Portugal apparently, not easy but hopefully it can be done
I have also heard this but canā€™t find any further information, do you have any details please. Thank you.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Wouldn't a visa to any European country just be a 90 day anyway? And maybe not in addition to the automatic 90 day? Don't know but just wondering. Might be worth exploring what visas are available for European countries from other countries i.e. USA, Australia. Generally visas are time limited.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Bongo drum talk here in Beni from a person who knows a person. That Portugal is looking to raise the tourist visit to 180 days straight. I canā€™t see anything on the www around this but I was watching a you tube channel around a couple who were refused EU settlement scheme for Portugal then placed an appeal in which could take months. They have travelled to Portugal on the 90 day visa from UK. They now have had an extension put on that visa ( new one on me) till the end of December whilst their appeal still progresses. So from hearing no extensions available to a couple stating their visa was extended. So is there back room moves to change the uk tourist to 180 days ???

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I do hope something is sorted and soon, we are missing our freedom. I have heard that a couple with a Motorhome have secured a non lucrative visa for Spain for 1 year

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
I do hope something is sorted and soon, we are missing our freedom. I have heard that a couple with a Motorhome have secured a non lucrative visa for Spain for 1 year
Hi lynne. I know itā€™s been several months since your last post on this thread but I my wife and I are looking at going down the NLV route which gives an initial one year then two further extensions of 2 years giving a total of 5 years. Proof of passive income of approx ā‚¬36000 for a couple and not allowed to work seem to be the main points. Have you got any updates on your plans to avoid the Schengen issue ?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
From my knowledge none of these single country schemes seem to legally get around the Schengen 90/180 day rules, so one is legally confined to that one country.

Of course transiting EU borders is easy without checks, but still not legal after 90 days from Schengen entry, and exit from Schengen would have to be done via the country issuing the visa.

It will be interesting what effect the introduction of the ETIAS scheme will have on those holding visa for longer than 90 day stays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back