Are campsites opening 2nd dec (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
SUNLIGHT A72
Exp
Since lockdown
really wanna get away im the motorhome but I'm not sure if campsites are opening up again on the 2nd December and if they do are different tiers allowed to mix. Has anyone got any information that could help ??

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Tier three they are all shut, tier three can’t go lower tier or travel. Tier 2 can travel but not to a lower tier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
PS; the Caravan club already has a list on its web pages of what areas are open and which are not. the same will apply to comercial sites and cls in those areas

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would suggest it will be on a site by site basis. You can only contact a site and see if they will lower the drawbridge for you. Don't trust what is written on websites unless it is very clearly up to date and reflects current restrictions. :)

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Having just read tonight’s C&MC email, it doesn’t say that someone from Tier 3 can’t visit a Tier 2 site, it just suggests following “government” guidelines which are NOT law. This advice may change!

However, going “on holiday” is probably not an excuse, as THEY put it. Think of a good reason instead.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It’s up for review, I just hope the rate continues to fall.

Not just for our sake as I am fed up, but the business‘s that are all going under as well. Seems barmy you can go to the gym but not a campsite in your own bubble. 🤷‍♂️

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Thought tier 3 couldn't over night supposed we will see I live 10 mins from castleton but might not be able to go

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Having just read tonight’s C&MC email, it doesn’t say that someone from Tier 3 can’t visit a Tier 2 site, it just suggests following “government” guidelines which are NOT law. This advice may change!

I know I can go, I get tested twice a week now so would be very sure it was safe if I carried that on. It advises against though and I would hate to have a bad reception.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Thought tier 3 couldn't over night supposed we will see I live 10 mins from castleton but might not be able to go
These are “guidelines” only. There is a barrister who believes such restrictions are illegal in European human rights law (which we are still under). It just needs someone to take it to court!

If a site will accept you, there shouldn’t be a problem.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Yeah I don't want to go 500 miles just 10 lol and use my on board facilities as work is stressing me badly thanks guys

I sympathise entirely. To say this year has been the toughest in the 23 I have been in the NHS is an understatement!

You can wild camp within the guidelines if you wish locally. Overnight stays in your own household bubble are allowed as long as travel is kept to a minimum.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yeah I don't want to go 500 miles just 10 lol and use my on board facilities as work is stressing me badly thanks guys
I guess I don't really fit in here. My m/h is just a 'Boys Toy' that sits on the drive ready for if and when I fancy a trip to see or do something particular or attend some specific event - always abroad.
I've been conscientiously complying throughout with the guidelines and in spite of them easing I'll follow my own judgement.
I don't have any frustrations or desire to 'get away' for the sake of it as I don't care to use the m/h in winter so I can to continue to enjoy the many non-motorhoming things that I would normally do.

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hey we all use our motorhomes as we see fit mate if you don't use yours in the winter that's your choice I guess that's the attraction for alot of us it's when it suits we'll normally anyway lol

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I guess I don't really fit in here. My m/h is just a 'Boys Toy' that sits on the drive ready for if and when I fancy a trip to see or do something particular or attend some specific event - always abroad.
I've been conscientiously complying throughout with the guidelines and in spite of them easing I'll follow my own judgement.
I don't have any frustrations or desire to 'get away' as I don't care to use the m/h in winter and can to continue to enjoy the many non-motorhoming things that I normally do.

I think you are dead right, we are all different. It’s my stress relief and really matters to me that I can get away, particularly as I only get 4 weekends in 10 off.

I am not blasé about COVID though, it kills and spreads and I won’t be responsible for spreading it.

Let’s hope the rates in my area continue to fall and we can go away.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
really wanna get away im the motorhome but I'm not sure if campsites are opening up again on the 2nd December and if they do are different tiers allowed to mix. Has anyone got any information that could help ??
You might want to update your info as it says you don't own one yet. :unsure:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I think you are dead right, we are all different. It’s my stress relief and really matters to me that I can get away, particularly as I only get 4 weekends in 10 off.

I am not blasé about COVID though, it kills and spreads and I won’t be responsible for spreading it.

Let’s hope the rates in my area continue to fall and we can go away.
Indeed so. I've been retired 15 years so no stress at all. I get my relaxation from many interests including a couple of vintage motorbikes undergoing winter restoration and maintenance in the workshop with heating, a brew and Dire Straits for company. Such is my relaxation that I occasionally forget to return indoors for luncheon. :happy:

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
We’ve been booked since last year for York, they’re in tier 2 so unless the Welsh minister decides to make changes to what we’re able to do I’m going. Also listening to radio 2 today. The 5 day period does not have any tiers applied. So you can go on Xmas hols.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back