Are CAMC finally getting the message (3 Viewers)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
The explanation I was just given for a charge of 37.50 for an extension, whilst there's 'no need to move - plenty of room' was 'dynamic pricing'. So it seems they are following the Ryan Air model. Perhaps best to book these now like you would an airline flight? (for instance I hear evenings can be more expensive). OK, all's fair in business but I think the use of the term 'club' is getting a bit ridiculous.
IMOA they have not been a "club" for many years.👍👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The explanation I was just given for a charge of 37.50 for an extension, whilst there's 'no need to move - plenty of room' was 'dynamic pricing'. So it seems they are following the Ryan Air model. Perhaps best to book these now like you would an airline flight? (for instance I hear evenings can be more expensive). OK, all's fair in business but I think the use of the term 'club' is getting a bit ridiculous.

So they are not treating all 'Club Members' equally.

Is that consistent with 'Club' rules? The Members need to ask.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
So they are not treating all 'Club Members' equally.

Many motorhome owners tend to tour rather than sit in an awning for weeks on end. ‘Dynamic pricing’ therefore actively discriminates against motorhome members. It’s a pricing policy that has no place in a membership organisation. I don’t think asking gets you very far with CAMC but voting with your feet just might?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Not strictly true... CL/CS's are allowed a maximum of 5 vans ( mohos or caravans) plus a maximum of 10 tents..
So they would not be able to just turn over more tent area to mohos, they still only allowed 5 vans.
Incidently the one reason some sites have more than 5 hookups is to cater for those tents, which are more and more becoming dependant on EHU's.We had 8 hook ups,to allow for rotating pitches , overlap on changeover and waterlogged pitches as well as mowing

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Well, sitting here with a nice cup of tea on CAMC Craigie Park Ayr, enjoying the late afternoon sunshine in the company of a stack of like minded caravaners and Motorhomes, not a moan about pricing ( £32 per night if interested) or single v couples pricing, everyone waiting for the fish and chip van to call at 5.30 for tea!!
Great that we are all different and that there are options to suit, happy camping!

IMG_1633.jpeg

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Many motorhome owners tend to tour rather than sit in an awning for weeks on end. ‘Dynamic pricing’ therefore actively discriminates against motorhome members. It’s a pricing policy that has no place in a membership organisation. I don’t think asking gets you very far with CAMC but voting with your feet just might?

Who sits in their awnings for weeks on end?

We certainly do not.

What would be the point?

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We're letting our CAMC membership expire at the end of the month. We never use club sites, and for the half dozen or so times we use a CL site during the year it doesn't seem good value.

Actually, we tried using a CAMC club site this year using the "free night promotion", however the free night had to be taken during January to March, which would not have been a problem except that at around the same time CAMC took the decision to close every club site within about 150 mile radius of here over the winter! So the only effect the promotion had on me was to leave me feeling annoyed!

The magazine is pretty turgid and self-congratulatory, and makes me realise that they don't really cater for what I need. Every site upgrade they crow on about includes fully-serviced premium pitches and / or glamping opportunities for non-members.

Rather than just trialing non-EHU pitches or metered pitches at just a handful of club sites, what I would like is for a small area on each club site dedicated to short-stay overnighing motorhomers. Small pitches (we don't need acres of space for caravan, a towcar, an awning, windbreak, swingball, etc.), just a small patch of level ground to park a van on overnight, plus the use of the fresh water, waste, facilities, etc.. No EHU required. Limit stays to 2 or 3 nights max. Even a single night. In effect, provide aire-like facilities, and charge perhaps only half to two-thirds of the standard pitch prices. Then I'd consider rejoining. Until then for us, when touring in the UK, it will be CAMPRA / independent aires, together with those enlightened local authorities that are making provision for motorhomes, that will get our business, plus a spot of considerate wild / off-grid camping.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Also their latest £5 off offer is only if you stay 5 nights! Can’t remember the last time we stayed 5 nights on one site. So again more likely to advantage caravanners than motorhomers.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Our prime reason for retaining our CAMHC membership is for access to the CL network.

This week was the first stay on a full service site for ages. And the two nights we were there it was very quiet with loads of empty pitches.

Even some commercial full facility sites can be cheaper (if we have the granddaughter with us), especially out of main season.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
Getting back up to speed (returning after 30yrs lapse)
The magazine is pretty turgid and self-congratulatory, and makes me realise that they don't really cater for what I need
Wrote a letter to the magazine on this very topic. For some reason it wasn't published :rolleyes:

We're letting our CAMC membership expire at the end of the month
I have cancelled recently.
Given the propensity for every service to request feedback for the most trivial of things, I was very surprised that I wasn't asked why...

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Who sits in their awnings for weeks on end?
What would be the point?

It’s a tugger thing, having wrestled with a huge awning for several hours the thought of moving on the day after next doesn’t appeal. The point is they’ve got a car for local touring and booked the site months ago getting the early bird prices. Good luck to them but CAMC policy gives them unfair advantage and makes CAMC increasingly irrelevant to motorhomers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back