Apple phishing email (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
this is a copy of a phishing email i received yesterday. I have removed the link they cask you to click on just in case someone is tempted. The email address it was sent from originates in France where I was last week and of course if you did click the link you would be taken to a phoney Apple page requesting you to log in with your Apple ID and password. Do so and you have handed over the keys to your account and god know what else because many people, allegedly, use the same email and password for their Apple account and other web accounts too. A fraudster armed with your apple ID and password would be able to look at your bank details from where you pay your apple bills. They will also have you home address. Nuff said.

apple_logo_web-2x.png

spacer.gif

Dear Customer,

This email confirms payment for the iCloud storage plan listed below. You will be billed each year unless you cancel. If you did not initiate this purchase we recommend that you go to........... to cancel this order.

Order ID: MHJ15GLMMT
Date of Purchase: July18, 2017
Next Payment: July18, 2017
Payment Method: Credit Card

Item: 10 GB storage plan, billed annually $20.00

Subtotal: $20.00
spacer.gif

Tax: $0.00
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Total: $20.00
The iCloud Team
* You may contact us for a full refund within 15 days of an upgrade or within 45 days after a yearly payment. Partial refunds are available where required by law.

Copyright © 2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Shocking how many people still fall for this crap .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Do you know, three separate people have sent me EXACTLY the same amount of money on three separate occasions via Paypal and have advised me to remove the money immediately.

What's the odds on that?

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I got a similar "Apple" msg via text. My Apple ID was due to expire ( of course they do-- not) with a link. Deleted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the heads up @iandsm

That's the trouble with fraudsters, they just want to get your card details and steal your money:

IMG_0828.JPG

Mind you, my luck is in at the moment. Someone I don't know has just written to me from China to say that a relative I didn't know I had has died and left me millions. Such kindness. Anyway, I have just sent them my bank details, as requested, so they can transfer the fortune to me. I'm already dreaming of a Niesmann and Bischoff. Lucky me, eh!

IMG_0829.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back