Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Here is a nice little exert from an email supplied by n332.es.
"The spanish government this week has confirmed that the toll section of the AP-7 will be FREE from January 2020.The secretary of state for Infrastructure ,Julian LOPEZ has confirmed that toll section of the AP-7 between Saint Joan d'Alacant and Tarragona will be free. In january 2020 the contract for that section of road reverts back to the public body.
Lopez has said that there will be an increase in road surface reinforcing in order to cope with increased traffic."
information supplied by n332.es in a free email. just apply on line

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They´ve been talking about making the AP7 toll-free for at least the last 15 years so we won´t hold out breath!
Yes but since they all went bankrupt & the government took them over they have published lists of what & when will become free over the next few years.
Why they'd make any of the AP7 toll free I've no idea as it is ideal as it is .You don't want the locals clogging it up like the A7.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
evidently the spanish can negotiate road building contracts that work unlike the dartford crossing shenanigans

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I totally agree with you about clogging up, all the trucks from the N332 will pile onto it and ruin it.
Whereas down here the "ghost highway" Vera to Cartegena toll road is 90% used by hgv's ,& specifically fuel tankers as it is far mor economical to pay than to drive right around on the A7 so using far more fuel/drivers hours ,etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
They've already made a couple of toll (AP) roads free, the AP7 was mentioned as a future proposal. It's obviously overall cheaper to remove the tolls, which will save costs and hopefully take some strain off the A7 - although I'm holding my breath about "reinforcing work". They don't get EU subsidies any more!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Whereas down here the "ghost highway" Vera to Cartegena toll road is 90% used by hgv's ,& specifically fuel tankers as it is far mor economical to pay than to drive right around on the A7 so using far more fuel/drivers hours ,etc.
Thought it was built to open up the agriculture in that area for speedy transport to northern Europe.. Something our government should do with East Anglia.BUSBY.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Yes but since they all went bankrupt & the government took them over they have published lists of what & when will become free over the next few years.
Why they'd make any of the AP7 toll free I've no idea as it is ideal as it is .You don't want the locals clogging it up like the A7.

The AP7 is only clogged at either end of the toll road and I can't for the life of me think why. :unsure:
It does however remind me of the M40/M6;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back