Anyone Need Lightweight Ply - Cheshire Area? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I know this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone around the Cheshire area need some lightweight ply?

I need 2 x 15mm and 1 x 9mm. I use Garnier Poplar (the same as Vohringer - really great quality).

Thing is I can't currently collect as van is almost finished and it won't fit in.

I've checked with local suppliers and for 2 x 15 and 1 x 9 they want £238 delivered.

So I checked with a major trade supplier (better not post the name on a public forum). They don't supply 9mm and their 15mm is about £60 per board plus god knows what for delivery (I would guess at least another £50).

Then there's my usual supplier. I can get 15mm sheets at around £33 and 9mm for £25 (inc. VAT) Delivery is £48, so basically about £100 less (delivered) on just 3 sheets. The catch - min (delivered) order value of £350+VAT (smaller orders can be collected from Leeds).

So I figured it was worth asking if either someone wants to split an order and can collect from Middlewich (I can take the delivery here) or fancies a trip to Leeds, split the fuel cost and use my discount?

As I said - a long shot :giggle:

David

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
We don't need any but will be travelling from Leeds south. Where is Cheshire and would they fit in a car?

Thanks, but I fear they would be to big to get in a car.
I'm currently in Middlewich (CW10) and the boards are 2440 x 1220mm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Would arranging your own courier be more cost effective ?

Probably would be. But likely a headache 😐

When collected the boards are loose, which is fine when strapping them myself into a van. But a courier? ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back